Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-03-2008, 10:25   #1

Crew Member Wanted, Abaco Bahamas to Beaufort NC and Northbound

Crew Member wanted, Abaco Bahamas to Beaufort NC and northbound

I am seeking crew for a sail from the Northern Bahamas to Beaufort, NC. I plan to continue north with a final destination of Boston MA. Crew would be welcome for all or part of the journey. The preferred route is off shore 500 miles from Abacos to Beaufort NC but will depend on wind, weather, and seas. I plan to depart the Bahamas as soon as plans come together and at least by mid-April.

I am currently exploring the Abaco out islands. The option exists to join me early to explore some of the islands.

This is not a delivery job for a crusty old salt, but sharing a sailing adventure with a laid back young sailor. You must have a great attitude and willingness to put up with the hardships of living on a small boat.

About the boat: It's a 2001 C320 Catalina. I've lived on board (s/v Hestia) off and on for the past 5 years. She's well equipped with SSB, Autopilot, GPS chartplotter, EPIRB, and many other bells and whistles to make life a little more comfortable.

About me: I have sailed summers on the North Shore of Boston. I have done a sailboat delivery from Puerto Rico through the BVI’s and ending in St.Barts. I have shipped my boat on a yacht carrier ship from Newport RI to St. Thomas. I sailed the BVI's and did charters in the BVI's. Then I sailed through the islands to FL and up the East Coast to Boston. In Oct of last year I set off from Boston down the East Coast, spent time in FL and crossed the Gulf Stream to the Bahamas. That about covers the territory I've seen.. so far!

I also have a 3 year old Dog - Ensign, the only other full-time crew She's a very well behaved boat dog.

You should expect to provide personal REFERENCES. I'm not looking for years of sailing experience. The personality fit is most important. You probably should be a dog person or at least happy to be around a dog. Non-smokers only. It should be a great adventure for the right person.

Please contact me here or from my website s/v Hestia or on facebook from my facebook profile page Todd Rodzen | Facebook
Old 20-04-2008, 19:15   #2

I am a very qualified candidate for this crew position! It's exactley what you need and exactly what I need please call me @203-862-8586

Tags
abaco, Bahamas, beaufort