Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2016, 08:58   #1

Boat: Pacific Seacraft Voyagemaker
Crew needed to go South

Looking for 1 crew person to assist in taking well founded/equipped 40' Pacific Seacraft South from Southern Maine to St. Augustine Florida. Will be leaving middle to end of November, perhaps sooner, depending on weather forecast. In no hurry so this could take as long as we wanted and have the opportunity to explore some areas on the ICW. THIS IS NOT a paid position. I will provide all the food needed as well as boat expenses' Looking for a middle aged gentleman or lady, preferably retired and in good health with some sailing/boating experience. If you are prone to mal de mar or have time constraints please don't bother to contact me. No smoking, no drugs, no alcoholics, occasional profanity is allowed--depending on the situation. Great sense of humor required since I am a frustrated comedian and a great cook. I am a former Naval Officer/ retired Banker who has been sailing for over 50 years and am a very young 73 years old. References required!!
Old 09-08-2016, 00:15   #2

Boat: Morgan classic 30
Re: Crew needed to go South

Hi.
My name is Jennifer, healthy, 39, un attached. Fun happy honest I follow directions well. I do not do drugs. I love to eat and laugh so we should get along fine. I will be looking forward to hearing from you
Old 09-08-2016, 01:14   #3

Jennifer thanks for responding. What kind of sailing experience do you have and what time constraints do you have? Peter
Old 09-08-2016, 03:04   #4

Boat: Mason 43

I'm 73 with many years of experience. I have made the trip up and down on the outside many times in my Mason 43. My wife doesn't want to live on the boat this winter and would prefer a condo. Are you planning to go outside, inside combination of both? My best run was NY to Norfolk 3 days Norfolk to St Augustine 5.5 days, had to wait offshore a few hours for daylight to run the inlet. Any transportation expenses covered?
Old 09-08-2016, 04:56   #5

Not planning on having a race---from Maine, through the Cape Cod Canal to Block Island to Pilot's Point to Port Jefferson to the Battery (Liberty Landing) to Atlantic City to Cape May to Hampton Roads to ICW. Looking for a leisurely cruise down the ICW. I have no real time constraints and am looking for same--you pay all your own expenses I buy all food and take care of all boat expenses. Sailed on a Mason 44 for years--great boat. Peter
Old 09-08-2016, 22:09   #6

Boat: Hunter, 2002, 30

I am a 69 year old retired CPA with over 40 years of power boating experience and 4 years of sailing experience. I own a 24 ft power boat and a 2002 Hunter 306. Extensive knowledge of waters around Long Island, Block Island and to Nantucket. Financially able to cover transportation and eating out when opportunity occurs. Looking forward to water sailing">blue water sailing. Completed ASA 101, 103, and 104 in September 2012 out of Newport, RI. ASA membership 2012011623. Willing to sail before hand either in Maine or Long Island.
Old 10-08-2016, 07:38   #7

thanks for replying---my plan is as follows: sail to Portland ME and have dinner ashore, to Cape Cod Canal, requires overnight, to Block Island, to Stonington or Pilot's Point, to Port Jefferson, to the Battery or Atlantic Highlands, To Atlantic City, To Cape May,(both offshore) offshore again to Hampton Roads (Norfolk) to ICW. My goal is to get the boat to Palm Coast Florida were I will have a slip. I am in no hurry and have no time schedule, I will spend what ever time waiting for proper weather windows etc. Cannot be South of Cumberland, Maryland until after Nov. 11th (insurance requirements). I anticipate leaving Maine some time in mid to late October. If you have the time, inclination and want to sail on a wonderful, fully found vessel let me know. Most importantly I will not keep to a finite schedule. Peter
Old 10-08-2016, 08:38   #8

Boat: Hunter, 2002, 30

October 15 or thereafter is a good departure date. Will give me a chance to winterize both boats. Wife gave her approval. Looking forward to the adventure. You can communicate with me directly and provide your phone number. email is asolnik@yahoo.com Alex
Old 10-08-2016, 08:41   #9

Peter it sounds interesting. I'm blessed to get early retirement learned to sail ASA 103/104 last year. I don't have ocean experience but looking to get that and miles. I crew on a J24 racer, a 29 Ranger and a 28 o'day. Looking to land in Florida and crew for someone for some time in the winter. I'm not in a hurry to do anything so time constraints not an issue. Let me know if you want to discuss further. B
Old 10-08-2016, 09:43   #10

Boat: Fourwinns. 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailalong View Post
Looking for 1 crew person to assist in taking well founded/equipped 40' Pacific Seacraft South from Southern Maine to St. Augustine Florida. Will be leaving middle to end of November, perhaps sooner, depending on weather forecast. In no hurry so this could take as long as we wanted and have the opportunity to explore some areas on the ICW. THIS IS NOT a paid position. I will provide all the food needed as well as boat expenses' Looking for a middle aged gentleman or lady, preferably retired and in good health with some sailing/boating experience. If you are prone to mal de mar or have time constraints please don't bother to contact me. No smoking, no drugs, no alcoholics, occasional profanity is allowed--depending on the situation. Great sense of humor required since I am a frustrated comedian and a great cook. I am a former Naval Officer/ retired Banker who has been sailing for over 50 years and am a very young 73 years old. References required!!
Hi my name is steve id like a chance to join in on your trip im 46 ,retired married with 3 kids and want to learn to sail, I have lots of power boat experience Im CPR/first aid .Please take a look at profile I live in Maine Thank for the chance.
Old 10-08-2016, 12:31   #11

Steve---thanks for the response. However I am looking for someone that has sailing experience and can stand a solo watch. Peter
Old 12-08-2016, 05:10   #12

Thumbs up Re: Crew needed to go South

I am a healthy 66 year old married retiree who has a passion for sailing. I have been sailing on a regular bases since 2002. I have completed ASA 101/103/104/105 and 118 through the Maryland School of Sailing. I have also taken ASA 107 Celestial Navigation. I have done two night sails. One on the Chesapeake Bay and the other sailing from Miami to Berry Islands. My wife is still employed and has given me permission to go. This summer I crewed for 4 weeks on the Chesapeake Bay with an individual from Britain. I have no time restraints and would love to have the opportunity to participate in this great adventure. I am 10 hours away and available for a practice sail. Email me at hfkgjk@epix.net if interested. Best regards Harold.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:31   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Just passing through approving posts...

Welcome to everybody!
Brigittela, asolnick, steve, alittle-Jenifer!

Sailalong... sounds like you'll have no problem finding help ...
Good luck y'all!

Mai Tai's fix everything...

Tags
crew