Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-11-2009, 04:36   #1

Crew Wanted: Captain / Caretaker for Classic Yacht in Thailand

I'm looking for an experienced sailor/captain in Malaysia/Thailand who would like to look after and sail Ariel - a 50' classic wooden sloop built in 1956.

I find myself not able to give Ariel the time and energy she deserves, and am falling badly behind in basic maintenance work and upkeep.
I would like to make an agreement with someone to look after, maintain and supervise any restoration work on her, in exchange for being able to use and sail her as they wish.
I imagine this person to be an experienced sailor, possibly a semi-retired cruiser, and preferably with a passion for classic wooden boats.
I expect this to be a fairly long term condition and agreement can be made to cover a period of a number of months or up to a year at a time.
please contact me at pontificator2000@yahoo.com
Old 29-11-2009, 02:01   #2

Could be interested as I retiring to phuket Thailand in the new year , Been around boats for the last 40 years, Sailed the pacific, I am a quilifed carpenter/boatbuilder and retire at the end of the year to live in Phuket.
Old 29-11-2009, 02:51   #3

Hi KIWI

Thanks for the reply - Sounds good. Although Ariel is in Malaysia at the moment, Phuket is where I was hoping to leave her with someone.
If you want to send your email address to me at pontificator2000@yahoo.com I can send you some photos and we can maybe discuss futher.
Old 29-11-2009, 03:28   #4
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
nice how things work out!

Tags
Thailand