Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-11-2014, 11:52   #1

Crew Wanted. Charleston to St Thomas. Nov 28th

I'm looking for experienced crew to help sail my 42' Cheoy Lee from Charleston South Carolina to St. Thomas USVI after Thanksgiving holiday. This is an unpaid position. I will pay for your transportation back to the states. The trip will take up to nine days. If you're interested please send me a note with your name, phone number and experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 22-11-2014, 12:55   #2

Re: Crew Wanted. Charleston to St Thomas. Nov 28th

I have a Sweden 42 leaving St Thomas approx 30th November and need crew. Don't know if this would help you, but my yacht is going to Florida.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 26-11-2014, 18:59   #3

hello. my name is Tom Lehn. I live in Daytona Beach, FL. I would love to go on your trip and help out. Most of my experience is with powerboats fishing no more then 40 miles offshore but I can sail and feel at home in the ocean. I would love the experience of a trip like this as I will be buying my 1st sailboat the end of 2015. I own some realestate that I rent so I can pay my own way including trip back to states. call or email me if you still need help. Im 42 and physically fit. 3863154213
Old 28-11-2014, 10:55   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchaser53 View Post
I'm looking for experienced crew to help sail my 42' Cheoy Lee from Charleston South Carolina to St. Thomas USVI after Thanksgiving holiday. This is an unpaid position. I will pay for your transportation back to the states. The trip will take up to nine days. If you're interested please send me a note with your name, phone number and experience.

Hi there,
My name is Frank, 48 years old, bilingual (French & English) your add did interest me and I would like to know more about it. On my part I have been sailing for the last 14 year a 20 foot catamaran on a lake in Canada, some years I have done 500 km. I also took classes for bigger boats; I have bare boat charter in the Bahamas (5 times), once in BVI and once in St-Martin on sloop or catamaran. Boat size varied from 36 to 43 feet with 3 to 5 crew on boards. I was the captain on board. I’m looking to learn, do open seas and have a good time.

Let me know if interested,

Frank
Old 28-11-2014, 16:16   #5

Where are you at with things?
Robin
Old 30-11-2014, 07:37   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfreedom View Post
Hi there,
My name is Frank, 48 years old, bilingual (French & English) your add did interest me and I would like to know more about it. On my part I have been sailing for the last 14 year a 20 foot catamaran on a lake in Canada, some years I have done 500 km. I also took classes for bigger boats; I have bare boat charter in the Bahamas (5 times), once in BVI and once in St-Martin on sloop or catamaran. Boat size varied from 36 to 43 feet with 3 to 5 crew on boards. I was the captain on board. I’m looking to learn, do open seas and have a good time.

Let me know if interested,

Frank

Call me. I still need crew.

Russ Roberts. 703-593-4102

Old 30-11-2014, 07:38   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Where are you at with things?
Robin

Still need crew. Call me at 703-593-4102. Russ Roberts

Old 14-12-2014, 08:57   #8

We successfully completed this passage, pulling into St Thomas early Thursday morning. Steady NE winds most of the passage allowed almost a straight shot down from Charleston to the islands. Arrived safe and sound, in good spirits.

Tags
crew, crew wanted, wanted