Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-09-2009, 20:32   #1

Talking Crew Wanted: Whitsundays

Our boat is a 38 foot hartley yacht and we are a easy-going couple with 20 months old twins, we are about to cruise around the whitsundays and are looking for someone who would like to join us and help us learn how to sail properly.
you can come aboard for daytrips or stay with us on board for a while...
we are departing from mackay end of sept 09, early oct 09.
if you are interested in cruising and fishing with us, contact us via this forum.
happy sailing!
Old 07-10-2009, 13:45   #2

Boat: Thinking about buying sailing
Send a message via MSN to koyote11 Send a message via Skype™ to koyote11
I am offering my assistance as a crew companion for any sailors who could use another hand in a sea passage on any size sailboat.

I once owned a 36-foot Columbia and sailed the Great Lakes extensively. I was also involved in yacht deliveries in the Caribbean. The past 20 years, I’ve lived in the Southwest and now feel the desire to return to the sea. I wish to spend up to a month sailing anywhere you desire.

I am in excellent physical condition. I recently climbed Mount Washington in New Hampshire with my two sons on a lively two-day excursion that left both of them winded. I hike 10 miles daily and have crewed on vessels in Southwestern Connecticut regularly throughout the summer.

I enjoy people and am good-natured and accommodating. I have lots of experiences to share and am a vivid storyteller. In addition to my sailing experience and knowledge, I believe I can bring a lot to the table; a strong and healthy body and mind, and advanced degrees in chemistry and astrology that often provoke interesting and enlightening conversation. I contribute to, and thrive in an atmosphere that is both fun but challenging.

I am also a digital photographer and plan to document any trip creatively and vividly. My work can be viewed at www.pbase/com/koyote11/sailing.

I will pay my own expenses and can provide references and recommendations upon request.
Old 27-10-2009, 19:38   #3

Hi,

If you are still looking for crew we have just arrived in Cairns and are planning to head to the Whitsundays.

My wife and I are 30, from the UK and are travelling for 1 year.

I have a RYA Yachtmaster offshore qualification, we both have experience of cruising & racing (3000 miles).
We both love sailing and are looking for some easy going cruising.
We are non-smokers, like a drink at happy hour (but our party days are over!), good with children, and like cooking.

David & Jane
Old 28-10-2009, 02:44   #4

crew position

hi dave and jane,
thanks for your letter. yes, we are still lookin for someone to come with us and teach us how to sail.
at the moment we are stuck in mackay, waiting for the mechanic to do some work on our boat. he is coming tomorrow, thursday and if everything goes well, shaga (our yacht) should be ready to head to the islands next week. we had to have some of our sails sent away for repair as well, hence we can't t tell a hundred percent when everything will be back... hopefully soon.
shaga was built in 1986 and is probably an oldtimer to what you guys are used to sail.
my husband paul and i are 37, our twins are 22 months old. we love good company, are keen surfers, that's was the reason why we bought the yacht, eventually we want to sail wherever the surf is good (not in the whitsundays), we like a drink or two as well once the twins are in bed, but pretty similar to you, our party days are over.
when do you think you will be in airlie beach or mackay? the best thing might be to catch up somewhere and get to know each other and talk about each others expectations, then we can go from there. if that sounds good, give us a ring on 0420 702 337 in the next few days or when you are in the whitsundays!

cheers, sabine and paul
Old 31-10-2009, 18:05   #5

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, we are heading down to airline bay tommorow, will give you a call today.
Dave & Jane