Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-09-2016, 14:24   #1

Boat: Lagoon 380
Send a message via Skype™ to Wendi
Cross Atlantic and Learn Sailing from Instructor/Skipper

Learn To Sail! Join me on a 3 week sailing cruise across the Atlantic, with our Skipper and Sailing instructor Simon. You will learn to sail, have an epic adventure, catch big fish, commune with dolphins. Our skipper is a highly experienced expert in Racing, Offshore, Navigation... and now you can join the crossing while doing sailing school.
Big, beautiful NEW Lagoon 450 Catamaran. 45 ft, big cabins with queen beds.
Start in France, (Las Sables) Nov 1. Or join us in Las Palmas Nov 10.
We sail to the BVIs, landing in Tortola. EPIC adventure. Room for 3 crew/students.
Want to get an immersive sailing experience with sailing lessons and ocean miles? PM me.
Old 19-09-2016, 19:10   #2

Re: Cross Atlantic and Learn Sailing from Instructor/Skipper

Hi Wendi. My name is Phil Pearl and I'm interested in your crossing with sailing instruction. I'm 58 years old, retired rom 35 years in the conservation field, very fit, long history in outdoor adventures in mountains and on rivers, but no sailing experience. When I do things I generally like to go big, so your post caught my attention. How do I learn more?

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Phil Pearl
phil@vonpearl.com
Old 25-09-2016, 08:52   #3

Hello Wendi:

I am a well-read lawyer in Ottawa, Canada. I have three graduate degrees and a law degree but only Basic Cruising to date. I am registered to get my radio license in October. I enjoy learning and like that this cruise is led by a sailing instructor.
In Ottawa our sailing is on Lac Deschenes, a widening of the Ottawa river. The point where I start to enjoy sailing here is when all other boats seek harbour. I definitely would like ocean experience. I was born in Norway and have been around oceans a fair bit but haven't yet crossed them in a sailboat. Can you please tell me more about yourself and Simon? Any pictures of your boat and of where you have been?

Yours truly,

North Sea
Old 25-09-2016, 12:38   #4

Boat: Lagoon 380
Send a message via Skype™ to Wendi

Hi,
IF you can give me your email address, I will send the document with all the information. And then you can also tell me more about you, if you feel the trip is right for you!
This is not my boat, but I did cross in 2013 with my catamaran. This one is new, in France right now.
I have a skipper who is very experienced, and a first mate. I will be crew, and cook, and entertaining when needed.
Wendi
Old 25-09-2016, 13:34   #5

Hello Wendi:

Thank you for your prompt reply. My email address is audi.alteram.partem@gmail.com. I look forward to reading what you have written. I can tell you that your position interests me to the extent that you advertise. I can commit to three or four weeks in June of 2017 to participate in the ocean crossing. What do you plan to do from there?

David
Old 25-09-2016, 13:44   #6

Hello again Wendi:

I see I am conflating your trip with the Connecticut/Azores one. France to Tortola accomplishes much the same thing but coming in the other direction. You will aim to pick up the NE trades is assume?

David
Old 25-09-2016, 13:46   #7

Wendi:

You don't see to have gotten my first email. My email address is: david_campbellpage@hotmail.com.

David
Old 25-09-2016, 16:09   #8

Boat: Island Packet 320
Send a message via Skype™ to Thomea

wow this sounds absolutely incredible
Old 26-09-2016, 03:14   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Mai Tai's fix everything...
Old 03-11-2016, 05:26   #10

hello and good evening

my name is eyal, 28 yold .
all my childhood i was sailing in a youth sailing assosiation. that is where i learned to sail.
i asked the my home goverment to be a part of a special volunteering program, in the program i volunteered 1 year as a sailing instructor for disabled people from all types and ranges.that was the year when i started to break free inside and develope my inner self, being on the water each day, with all kinds of disabled people. this year is also when i really really learned to sail, because the responsibility was high i got propper guidence.
im a rescue diver and medic. love cooking and fishing, i play the hangdrum and do art, i have very good skilled working hands for all types of repair jobs. im very comunicative and social.
i have no timeframe. no preffered destination, only seek to enjoy the adventure and the people with me. would love to join you and recive a reply back
cheers and happy waters
Best contact me by mail
Eyalkon88@gmail.com

Tags
sail, sailing, skipper