Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-04-2013, 14:35   #1

Boat: Roberts 38 offshore
Cruising, Diving Solomon Island, Papua New Guinea

Yacht Seagoon Heading East from Australia in May, will be in Solomon Islands in July August, then returning to Australia in November via Papua New Guinea, MIlne Bay. Will spend around 6-8 weeks just cruising, diving,fishing and hanging out with some nice people. Milne Bay is a safe and friendly place to visit, over the last 21 years I have not had any trouble at all. Join the boat in Gizo, Solomon Island.Have 2 set dive gear, compressor, 3.1 m dighy with 9.8 HP motor. Have sailed Solomon Island 11 times PNG 17 times, know all the dive sites and good anchorage. SV SEAGOON HOMEPAGE for more info and links to my YouTube site.
Old 25-04-2013, 09:07   #2

Boat: Seeking ...
Re: Cruising, Diving Solomon Island, Papua New Guinea

Hi Neddy,

I was diving and kayaking in Marovo Lagoon in the Solomons in 2011. I was lucky enough to catch a ride with a single-hander on a trimaran. I ended up helping out as crew for 3 weeks on the boat — we spent some time in Gizo too. Pitched in as a reef lookout on the mast, with cooking, sailing, rowing ashore for fresh water, market shopping, etc. On kayak, then on the boat, it was really something unique and special to be around all those local dugout canoes.

I have more enthusiasm than experience in sailing, but I did do an ASA 101/103 (Basic Keelboat Sailing / Basic Coastal Cruising) course, grew up tearing around on small outboard runabouts, love boats and the sea, and the marine life (I'm a certified PADI Divemaster).

Are you accepting crew to board the boat only at Gizo, or are there earlier possibilities for getting on the boat??

I'd like to be considered as crew for your upcoming journey. Leave a reply here, or email to:
p i s c e s f u n k -(at)- y a h o o (dot) c o m

Looking forward to your response. THANKS!
johnO
Old 25-04-2013, 15:00   #3

Boat: Roberts 38 offshore
Re: Cruising, Diving Solomon Island, Papua New Guinea

John I am full up till August. Spend a lot of money on the boat this year so it will not be a free trip like you had last time. Meet a SA guy that kayak around Solomon Island as well in 2010, he even did Shotland Island and Isabela after he sold it to a dive resort in Morovo lagoon.

Tags
cruising, diving