Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-05-2013, 14:03   #1

Cruising Italy-Greece-Spain Summer/Fall 2013 and eventually ARC Plus

My partner and I just bought a 2010 Outremer 49 (cat) with the intention of sailing July (Italy) August (Greece) September (Turkey, Greece, Malta) October (Spain and stage for ARC).

We are looking for one or two individuals (shared cabin) that know basic sail handling, enjoy sailing, and are somewhat knowledgeable about cruising in the Med. Strong preference for someone(s) that are fluent in Spanish as we are trying to practice and learn the language! Speaking the "local" languages during our trip is of course beneficial as well.

We are 39/35 both male professionals taking a 3-4 year sabbatical to sail around the rock and meet some great people along the way. I have 25+ years sailing and am a 50 ton master. My partner has significantly less sailing experience, but wouldn't come in last at the races. We do not smoke but do enjoy the local wines when the boat is safe.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:17   #2

Re: Cruising Italy-Greece-Spain Summer/Fall 2013 and eventually ARC Plus

Hi. I just retired, 65, and learned to sail at Annapolis when I was 18. After graduation, I did two tours as a fighter pilot and then retired from architecture in 2007. Am moving to Maui tomorrow. Did a Mediterranean tour while in the Navy so know a little about Greece, Cyprus, Spain, Italy and France. Just ended 25 year marriage and eager to see the world. Not able to afford plane fare to get to you, though. Dale. 214-429-9610.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:37   #3

Hi,

My friend and I might be interested in August for three weeks. I am a 30 year old female with day skipper and my friend is a 26 year old male. We both have dinghy experience and helped out with a delivery from Palermo to Corfu last Easter. We can't speak Spanish and we don't know the Greek islands BUT we are fit and keen and are up for adventures!

Not exactly what you are looking for but let me know if any good
Old 03-06-2013, 13:06   #4

Boat: Sea Ray 190 Signature, 19'

Hi Steven, which port is your cat starting from? Do you have the exact start date?
Old 04-06-2013, 11:15   #5

Hi Steven,

I would be quite interested in joining you on your adventure. I am in my twenties and have grown up in a sailing family. I have been yacht & dinghy racing at a highly competetive level for most of my life as well as cruising. I have cruised around Ireland, the UK, various parts of Europe inc Greece, Malta, Portugal etc and the USA. I have also completed a tran-at from Canada to Ireland.

If you have an email address where we could privately mail, I would love to discuss your trip further.

I hope you find who you are looking for and have a great adventure.

Marina
Old 05-07-2013, 10:16   #6

hello i am interested in your plan, i am available from october
now i am in charge as skipper here in the med.
best regards

diego
Old 06-07-2013, 03:38   #7

Hello Fellas,

Saw your profile and would like to tell you a little about myself. Hopefully we'll be a good match.

I'm currently on the island of Lemnos, Greece just finishing a one month sail on a 44' catamaran. My ideal position is live aboard crew for the rest of the season (or longer). I am available immediately and can easily travel to you.

My interests include good food, sailing, friendship, classical music, The Economist magazine, language and culture. I appreciate intelligent, kind, happy people. I tremendously enjoy the agreeable company of my ship mates on trips to the beach, sightseeing, or even the homey pleasures of shopping in a vegetable market, chatting with the vendor and preparing a meal on board. None of those are much fun alone. But, I also enjoy time by myself to read, think, write, listen to music, breath the air and look at the fullness of the sails underway.

My diet leans toward fresh, healthy food. I don't smoke and much prefer a smoke-free boat.

I am a gay, American, an atheist, a liberal and a capitalist. I'm (almost) fluent in Spanish and German and rusty in French and Portuguese. I just retired from founding and running three small businesses. I was only a fair business man. I'm book smart with a bad business sense. But, my strengths pulled me through: hard work, long hours, seeking out enjoyable work, congenial clients, relentlessly saving and investing. I'm 66 years old and except for a few aches and pains, healthy and strong.

My sailing skills are some where between fair and good. I am able to hoist a sail, assist in a tack, drop an anchor, set a bridal, swab a deck, tie a knot, put out bumpers, pump the bilge, follow directions, swat a fly and wash dishes. The more I learn, the more I can appreciate the dynamics between the sails, the wind, the boat and me.

Please get back to me if you think we might make a good team.

Good sailing, Richard D'Addario

No European Mobile
Email: DickDaddario@aol.com
Old 08-07-2013, 11:42   #8

Hi!

I am taking a trip to Europe in August this year and would love to sail around the mediterranean for a week or two beforehand! I am 23, Female and have been sailing for 10 years and am currently a sailing instructor out of Miami, FL. I have previously made one international trip from Miami to the bahamas for 2 weeks and am really interested in getting more experience around the world!
I have a bachelors degree in Anthropology and Business and therefore love to explore the local scene too!
I am a native Spanish speaker and have a working knowledge of French.
It would be awesome to travel the Med. before my land travel begins in either Barcelona or Marseille. So i'm thinking perhaps the last week of july/early August.
I would like to know more about estimated locations and expenses as I am trying to budget my entire trip at this time. Perhaps you can send me a private message.
Hope to hear from you!

-G
Old 16-09-2013, 14:32   #9

Hi, I'm based in Turkey and would love to hear from you. I learnt basic sailing in NYC last year. Looking to learn more at the moment. I have Eid holidays off work - 12th-20th October. I'm working with the UN on Syria. I can meet you anywhere in Turkey/Greece. Will be fun. malcolm dot johnstone at gmail dot com
Old 17-09-2013, 16:34   #10

My name is Michael, I am 20 years old and am very interested in learning what it takes to be apart of a ship crew. I am smart and AMA a quick leaner and will be a huge help. I live in Newport Beach, California
Old 23-09-2013, 16:37   #11

Hello there,
Me and my partner Leif are looking for a friendly and experience boat to assist as crew members on a Transatlantic crossing from Europe to the Caribbean this November.

In your post you mention an intention to do the ARC, so i wonder whether you might be looking for crew for this?.

We are friendly, hard working, happy to navigate, plan passage simply do watches or cook n clean, its all good to us. We are up for a winter adventure and to spend it on a sailboat and some good people we get on with. I have Day Skipper certificate and Leif is less experienced but a quick learner.

Let us know if your interested
regards,, Jessie and Leif (in Brighton, England, uk)
Old 24-09-2013, 02:34   #12
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Sunseeker Manhattan 66'
Send a message via Skype™ to willoloo

Hi Steven;
i am in italian skipper, i just finish the season on a 39 meters sailing boat now, and i'm looking for new adventures.
I have a really high sailing skill, i know very well med sea, my season is all around here,
i did the ARC in 2011 and i did one leg of WORLD ARC 2012/2013 from Cape Town to Caribbean, so i know lot of guys in the ARC organization, i know the event, and most important i know how to sail down to Saint Lucia.
i am a RYA Yachtmaster Ocean, almost 20000 miles log.
I can speak spanish, english and french.
I am a good cook!
If you want i can send my CV and references
Thanks. Willy

Tags
arc, cruising