Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-01-2012, 18:04   #1

Cruising Mexico Feb 1 - June 1

I'm looking for an able bodied First Mate who would like to explore the West Coast of Mexico, the Sea of Cortez, maybe some inland touring and then help me with the Baja Bash.
The boat is a 2006 Catalina 470 in Bristol condition and loaded with all the comforts of home, two plasma TVs, satellite TV, communications, and navigation systems, as well as air conditioning and heating and too many other features to mention. Let's just say I didn't leave much in the West Marine catalogue
I'm currently in Mazatlan and will sail in any direction a potential First Mate would like in collaboration with me. I'm a highly experienced sailor, started the Sail Through Cancer Foundation, authored a book, Manning Up In Alaska and have sailed as far north as Alaska and south to Zihautanejo. If you're free to travel and have the desire to enjoy the warm Mexican climate this season, let me know and we'll talk about logistics, etc.
Old 17-01-2012, 05:21   #2

Boat: Not mine, just crew.
Re: Cruising Mexico Feb 1 - June 1

Hi there Dick,

I sent you a PM, flying into Los Cabo airport and may (?) be available to crew 1/19-2/08...

Confused in the Pac NW

Diane, aka blueskyzjonesy
Old 17-01-2012, 07:51   #3

Hi there,

My girlfriend and I are currently in Puerto Vallarta. If you are interested in sailing South around the end of Feb we would love to hear from you.

The Baja is amazing be sure to check out Los Frailles, while we were anchored there we watched manta rays try to fly. We also fell in love with Jose del Cabo, we went there by accident after heading in to strong winds and found it to be a really peaceful arty town with really friendly locals.

Safe travels.

Tom & Yaz
Old 17-01-2012, 22:22   #4

Hello very interested sent ya a pm
Old 20-01-2012, 11:19   #5

this sounds awesome when are you leaving im in south florida at the moment. im 24 looking to log some miles and meet some great people along the way and gather up some great momories
Old 20-01-2012, 13:18   #6

Dear Old Salt..that still makes me laugh!!! You are certainly welcome aboard Last Resort to log some great miles in one of the most pristine cruising grounds in the world. I'm going to be knocking around between Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Zihautanejo and La Paz until about June, so I'm sure we could work out a schedule. What does your timing look like?
Old 20-01-2012, 14:18   #7

well i am going to be in trinidad until feb 22nd for carnival but then i can surely meet you after that. my schedule is open after that. pm me with a lil more details and a bit bout yaself
Old 23-01-2012, 13:26   #8

Hello Old Salt,

Have you found your crew? I am an adventurous Canadian sailor, looking to crew on a sailboat (allergic to catamarans). Eager to improve my sailing skills to purchase my own sailboat in the near future. I currently live in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Would be happy to share your journey. I am interested in sailing the West Cost, the beautiful Sea of Cortez also, having grown up there.

My experience is not extensive but I have sailed and motorsailed down the ICW in Florida, from Jacksonville to Miami to the Bahamas, all over the islands, on a Beneteau 34. Have some navigational skills. Returned only last week, after two and a half months at sea. Miss the sea already and am looking for a new voyage.
I want to learn about every aspect of sailing and caring for a sailboat including all on board systems (mechanical, electronic).
Hope to be useful as deckhand, skipper and cook. I am hard working and even tempered. I speak Spanish and have no time restraints.

Thank you,
Thunderpaws
Old 23-01-2012, 13:57   #9

im not looking for crew im looking to be crew..lol i dont have a sailboat yet im only looking to get experience and have a some fun
Old 23-01-2012, 16:14   #10

I don't know how we got our wires crossed on this one. Of cocurse I know you're planning to crew aboard "Last Resort." We should talk on the phone before you leave for Trinidad so that we can work out the logistics of the trip when you get back and figure out the most economical way to get you to Mazatlan. My number is 310.923.1259. Call at your convenience.

Cheers,
Dick

Tags
cruising, Mexico