Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-10-2013, 18:03   #1
POH

Boat: Lagoon 420, Duncanson 29, Laser
Deliver Brisbane to Perth November 2013

Looking for delivery skipper or crew take a production cat from Brisbane to Perth, leaving late November with arrival by mid January.

Please pm me with email address I can reach on, your qualifications and experience.

Part of trip I may be on board as skipper, but I may not be able to go the whole way due to other commitments, so there is an opportunity for those with less experience to get some ocean miles here or for a professional to do the whole thing.

Thanks, Mike
Old 28-10-2013, 03:19   #2

Re: Deliver Brisbane to Perth November 2013

Hi Mike,

If you haven't filled all the crew spots yet I'd definitely be interested in more details. I

My name is Pete and I'm a construction Rigger by trade. I started sailing a couple of years ago and have completed a few relevant courses including RYA Comp Crew, RYA Essential Nav and Seamanship and RYA Day Skipper. As you can see sailing has been absorbing me.

I've been gaining some miles and good experience recently. Earlier this year I crewed on a trip from Port Douglas to Darwin where we clocked up nearly 1000Nm on a Roberts 42' cutter rigged sloop. This was my first experience on an older yacht and its true what they say - cruising is really just fixing your boat in exotic locations.

In August I was on a course (Day Skipper) from the Gold Coast to Hammilton Island but unfortunately couldn't stick around for race week. After a couple of weeks at home I crewed a delivery from Sydney to Newcastle with kind winds and the cruising spinnaker up for around 6 hours straight which was a brilliant sail.

In September I crewed on a 35 foot Aluminium sloop from Newcastle to Brisbane with really fun skippers (2 brothers) and crew. We basically laughed our way all the way up the coast.

In October I help bring a 36 footer back to Bundaberg from Townsville after it was up there for Magnetic Island Race week. The skipper on that trip was a Master 5 and yachting instructor and a had the be fit of his knowledge for a couple of weeks.

All this tallies to around 3000 Nm including 95 Night hours.

I've never done any racing and would own up to sail trim being a weakness of mine. I just don't yet have the sense to squeeze that extra half a knot like people with more experience can. Maybe you can help me with this.

My strength would be my engagement with all boat systems. I'm big on double checking. Navigation, Safety, Maintenance, Rigging etc could all use a fresh set of eyes when people are sleep deprived on long passages.

Contact - pete_winning@yahoo.com.au

Thanks,

Pete.
Old 31-10-2013, 18:15   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by POH View Post
Looking for delivery skipper or crew take a production cat from Brisbane to Perth, leaving late November with arrival by mid January.

Please pm me with email address I can reach on, your qualifications and experience.

Part of trip I may be on board as skipper, but I may not be able to go the whole way due to other commitments, so there is an opportunity for those with less experience to get some ocean miles here or for a professional to do the whole thing.

Thanks, Mike
Hi mike
I may be able to help , I have done a fair bit of sailing all over the world , I live in Brisbane , have a master v .
I have been working in the dredging industry ,work has stopped till next year so I have a bit of spare time.
I am 53 ,non smoker if you need a compatent crew give me call or email me 0439762952 ,thincooky@hotmail.com
Graham
Old 01-11-2013, 03:54   #4

Boat: Kelsall Suncat 40
My father just completed a delivery last week from Darwin to Perth, has done 2 world circumnavigations on his own yachts, many other deliveries and is now back in QLD.

Give him a call on 0429 620 430. Or wallabycreek AT yahoo DOT com.

Tags
brisbane