Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 07:16   #1

East Coast to Caribbean - will pay

Hi, we live in NJ (Ft Lee area) new to sailing but have the Basics with an Offshore Sailing School certificate.

It's basically myself 56 and my daughter 19, who are interested in two weeks (flexible) just about anywhere you are (prefer heading to the Caribbean). My other 2 kids (10 & 18 - older is a Downs kid) could come if the wife would let them.

Thinking of mid Dec 2013 to Jan 2014. Would be open to a fair price and we could provide any required chores, from running the boat (hopefully with you there or someone competent) to repairs (engineer by training) and cooking.

Intention is to gain experience in sailing.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:02   #2

Boat: Beneteau First, 345
Re: East Coast to Caribbean - will pay

Hi, we are looking for possible crew from Annapolis to East Coast of FL Oct/Nov... then possible Bahamas sometime after Christmas. We are 50 & 42 and have crewed Bermuda to Annapolis, as well as made the trip on our boat between Annapolis and the Keys last year.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:43   #3

Thanks for your reply. My daughter is in college and I believe Dec 29 onward is what we have in mind. We would love to go anywhere and probably could meet you anywhere. Let me know. Thx
Old 11-09-2013, 10:25   #4

Boat: Gulfstar Sail Master 47
My wife and I our currently in the Dominican Republic, we plan on sailing to the BVI in October. We may consider you coming along. In Jan we should be at St. Thomas. We are in our mid 40's aboard a 47 Gulfstar Sailmaster sloop. Please tell me aliitle more about yourself.
Old 11-09-2013, 10:29   #5

Boat: Gulfstar Sail Master 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASIMPLELIFE View Post
My wife and I our currently in the Dominican Republic, we plan on sailing to the BVI in October. We may consider you coming along. In Jan we should be at St. Thomas. We are in our mid 40's aboard a 47 Gulfstar Sailmaster sloop. Please tell me aliitle more about yourself.
Sorry, this was meant to reply to a thread...anyways. We may consider taking on crew sailing south for someone who just wants the experience.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:35   #6
Marine Service Provider

Hi there,
We are looking for people to take part in a scientific research sail from Halifax, NS to St. George's Bermuda in mid October-it sounds like it might fit your interest! Our organization is called Pangaea Explorations, and we do scientific research expeditions via a 72' Challenge sail vessel, equipped for new sailors to gain experience. Our website is Pangaea Exploration Adventure Charter. Please contact us via the site if you are interested in taking part!

Tags
Caribbean, east coast, rib