Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 21:56   #1

Boat: Bavaria Vision 44
Send a message via Skype™ to Kojiro
Eastern Mediterranean (Aegean, Adriatic) 2012

This maybe planning ahead a bit but here goes.
I'm taking ownership of a 2007 Bavaria Vision 44 in about a months time. Overall plan is to progressively move the boat back to Australia over 2-3 years minimum in 2-3 month lumps.
My plan is to visit the boat in mid - late March 2012, get familiar with the electrics, etc and then have 2-3 months getting used to the boat sailing around the Eastern Mediterranean before making decisions about when to head across the Atlantic.
So, I'm looking for one maybe two (a couple would be fine) crew to help get the boat ready and then to sail around for 2-3 months as mentioned above. Experienced crew would be good. The deal woild be free accommodation (of course) and share running expenses.
I'm male, in my 50s, have a wife and 19 year old son who in the future will spend time with me but at the moment have work and study schedules which make that a bit diffcult. I have no such problem.....only need crew to help with managing a 45 foot boat!
My wife and I sailed from UK and crossed the Atlantic in 1989-90 on a Proout 37 foot catamaran with nothing like the navigation gear, etc that I will have on the new boat.
If you'd like to discuss further by email use: philip(dot)j(dot)norris(at)gmail(dot)com
Old 07-12-2011, 16:14   #2

Boat: In between boat ownership
Re: Eastern Mediterranean (Aegean, Adriatic) 2012

I believe that I responded to you a month or so ago. I'm available for as long as necessary. I'm an architect, real estate developer, chemical manufacturing owner and experienced sailor: Catalina 37, Columbia 27 and Morgan 45. Mostly west coast sailing from San Diego. Grew up in South and Central America in a Military family and have worked and lived worldwide. I'm a married father of four grown kids and have a very flexible life that allows unlimited travel. I'm very capable mechanically and have done just about every kind of boat maintenance. I'm a healthy, young 63 years old.
Let me know at pH; 602-315-8368 or respond here.

Kim
Old 08-12-2011, 12:46   #3

Hi, I'm going to be finishing my studies in late June next year, and I'm then free for a year to go sailing! I'm fit and capable and have lot's of experience sailing the lakes. I'm easy to get along with, play guitar and love all things sea based. I own a morris minor so I'm fairly mechanically capable. Please get in touch if you think there's any possibility you might want me for a leg of your trip. cheers.
Old 18-12-2011, 13:12   #4

Boat: Tucker 40
Send a message via Skype™ to Bozhkov

Hello,
I AM INTERESTED for your planed sailing in 2012 .I have about 6000 n.m.experience .
Varna (BG) to Las palmas 2003
Izola (SLO) to Istanbul 2006
Maramaris to Thessaloníki 2010
RYA courses in Sydney 2009 .
Have a time in next season ,so it be pleasant to sail together .
Best regards!
n.bozhkov(at)gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
This maybe planning ahead a bit but here goes.
I'm taking ownership of a 2007 Bavaria Vision 44 in about a months time. Overall plan is to progressively move the boat back to Australia over 2-3 years minimum in 2-3 month lumps.
My plan is to visit the boat in mid - late March 2012, get familiar with the electrics, etc and then have 2-3 months getting used to the boat sailing around the Eastern Mediterranean before making decisions about when to head across the Atlantic.
So, I'm looking for one maybe two (a couple would be fine) crew to help get the boat ready and then to sail around for 2-3 months as mentioned above. Experienced crew would be good. The deal woild be free accommodation (of course) and share running expenses.
I'm male, in my 50s, have a wife and 19 year old son who in the future will spend time with me but at the moment have work and study schedules which make that a bit diffcult. I have no such problem.....only need crew to help with managing a 45 foot boat!
My wife and I sailed from UK and crossed the Atlantic in 1989-90 on a Proout 37 foot catamaran with nothing like the navigation gear, etc that I will have on the new boat.
If you'd like to discuss further by email use: philip(dot)j(dot)norris(at)gmail(dot)com
Old 21-12-2011, 05:03   #5

Boat: Sparkman and Stephens 36- Just Grace

I am a young 59 and a keen sailor living in Perth, Western Australia. I have limited experience with blue water extended sailing but intend to build on that in my own vessel when I have time to complete refurbishment of it.

Unable to do much in 2012 but would be available in later years on in your journey to Australia. Please consider for your future plans. I work in a profession that values team work, reliability and comraderie.
Old 21-12-2011, 18:55   #6

I,m 50 years with 20 years son sailing for about 7 years around Sydney waters.We are frequently in Europe,have no comitments and are available.I completed coxswain ticket and my son holds deckhand qualification.Maybe this is our chance,as we are contemplating this journey across for some time.Thanks Paul and Martin Pkudrfalec@hotmail.com

Tags
adriatic, mediterranean