Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-07-2012, 12:50   #1

Experienced coastal delivery skipper available for crew

My name is Bruce 65 years old Good Health Fit & Seaworthy
Have sailed since I was 12 in Long Beach Ca. Managed Morro Bay Marina in early 70's while attending college. Delivered sailboats from San Francisco to La Paz/Cabo San Lucas Mx. Delivered sailboats from Boston to Carribbean. Raced Tornados in 80's. Taught sailing, mid sized, in Hilton Head SC. and San Francisco. Skippered private yacht charters in BVI's. Tailer/trimmer on 104'er during Antigua Race Week of year last. Have had own boat for last 20 years of which is selling soon. Maintained sailing yacht for major U.S. Corp. in Mexico for 2 years. Also entertained corporate guests on board. Spent my share of time in the spreaders. An offshore sailor but no passage. Que Lastima!! 300 NM's offshore on 1300 NM delivery. Favorite watch - (0400 - 0800) Have not sailed Med.
Traveled around planet 3 times a year for 4 years lecturing. Fairly well educated, fairly well read, fairly well traveled. A good listener and have a few stories. (Video on "You Tube" of "Security Gold Exchange", in Grass Valley Ca., is a chat from me in previous business. Hopefully that helps as to who I am.
Looking for mutually compatible, comfortable, (somewhat), long-term cruising situation. Would consider living aboard and maintaining yacht maintenance while owners travel to and fro. Not wealthy but not without.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Bruce E-mail (remesnab(at)gmail(dot)com - (goldexch(at)gv(dot)net
Old 28-07-2012, 14:18   #2

Boat: Hatteras 61 CMY, Hatteras 58 Yachtfish, Eastern 21 CC
Re: Experienced coastal delivery skipper available for crew

Hello Bruce,

I have three years on you but you have more experience thanI (only 100T rated). Regardless, you are welcome along anyhow :-).

I just posted someting that should be up soon. Generaly it goes like this -- except i made sure to say I was a nice guy too:

Canadian Maritimes and Newfoundland aboard Luxury Cockpit Hatteras Motoryacht
I am presently on the Gaspe Peninsula of Quebec having gotten here from Annapolis via the Hudson River, the New York Barge Canal, the St. Lawrence Seaway and river. I have visited Montreal and Quebec City, etc. My plan is to head next to Newfoundland's west and south coasts and then the Bras d'Or Lakes of Nova Scotia, the coast of Nova Scotia, and then finally make my way back to Annapolis either coastwise through Maine and Massachusetts or with a couple of offshore jumps, depending on weather and time.

That was my plan. But my crew
member (recruited through this forum in April) had to head back to Texas due to the sudden death of his business partner. The seasonal window for Newfoundland is only so wide. I am at the appropriate jumping off point for the next leg in terms of location and time. Would you like to come along?

This is not a paid position (both
insurance and US Customs issues make that inadvisable) but I will pay all boat and food expenses and your travel costs both ways. I would like to stay out until about the 15th of October but I am flexible. If you cannot make the entire trip that might work as it would buy me time to find another person for other legs.

Please give me a call at 202-359-0781 or
email me at michael@mkanellc.com to discuss this unusual opportunity.

Old 06-08-2012, 10:15   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by remesnab View Post
My name is Bruce 65 years old Good Health Fit & Seaworthy
Have sailed since I was 12 in Long Beach Ca. Managed Morro Bay Marina in early 70's while attending college. Delivered sailboats from San Francisco to La Paz/Cabo San Lucas Mx. Delivered sailboats from Boston to Carribbean. Raced Tornados in 80's. Taught sailing, mid sized, in Hilton Head SC. and San Francisco. Skippered private yacht charters in BVI's. Tailer/trimmer on 104'er during Antigua Race Week of year last. Have had own boat for last 20 years of which is selling soon. Maintained sailing yacht for major U.S. Corp. in Mexico for 2 years. Also entertained corporate guests on board. Spent my share of time in the spreaders. An offshore sailor but no passage. Que Lastima!! 300 NM's offshore on 1300 NM delivery. Favorite watch - (0400 - 0800) Have not sailed Med.
Traveled around planet 3 times a year for 4 years lecturing. Fairly well educated, fairly well read, fairly well traveled. A good listener and have a few stories. (Video on "You Tube" of "Security Gold Exchange", in Grass Valley Ca., is a chat from me in previous business. Hopefully that helps as to who I am.
Looking for mutually compatible, comfortable, (somewhat), long-term cruising situation. Would consider living aboard and maintaining yacht maintenance while owners travel to and fro. Not wealthy but not without.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Bruce E-mail (remesnab(at)gmail(dot)com - (goldexch(at)gv(dot)net
Well, just flew to Panama to catch boat. Boat was gone. Where are the ethichs and professionalism??
Old 06-08-2012, 12:16   #4

Boat: Punch 1010 36ft

Hi Remesnab,
Is that real, you flew out to an invitation and the boat had gone, !!
I suppose this could happen to all us crew, good references or not,
why don't you tell us here his name , so we are all warned,
him included
Old 07-08-2012, 00:57   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by laforge24 View Post
Hi Remesnab,
Is that real, you flew out to an invitation and the boat had gone, !!
I suppose this could happen to all us crew, good references or not,
why don't you tell us here his name , so we are all warned,
him included
Swan 59" "Swansong" British flag Contacted me through my personal e-mail Balboa YC Panama I am amazed at the responses of people wanting serious crew and responding to two chicks with an 80 pound dog. I take this seriously. Much of these adventurers are going to put others lives at risk.

Tags
crew, delivery, skipper