Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-12-2012, 18:55   #1

Boat: In Between
Experienced Sailor looking for Delivery Skipper (long term)

Haha, Sounds a bit like a personal ad... I guess it is.

Anyway, I'm 26, have sailed my own boat 7000+ nm(San Diego, CA to Vavau Group,Tonga) and am looking for a skipper to work with on long deliveries. I am a professional mechanic trying to move into the marine industry. I also have considerable experience with outfitting and preparing for offshore sailing.

I live mostly a seasonal lifestyle between climbing and skiing. I'm used to living a dynamic lifestyle and I'm quite good a problem solving under stress. My home base is Anchorage, AK, and will be for the future. I'm posting this now because I don't have a job and it would be very easy for me to accept any position that arises.

I would consider doing a job for free as a test run and then moving on to a paid situation. I am definitely not here to do charity work on peoples boats. I'm talking about a business relationship that is reliable, easy going, and open.

If you are interested in a fun, relaxed, knowledgeable business partner, (that plays guitar ) then send me a message, and maybe we can work out some agreeable work prospects.

~Steve

Tags
delivery, skipper