Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2014, 03:14   #1

Experienced Sailor - Position Wanted Sail Timor Leste / Sail Indonesia

Hi,

I'm looking for a position to join Sail Timor Leste and / or Sail Indonesia 2014. I'm available all of July and August.

I'm male, 31 years old, British/Belgian, and I grew up moving around a lot( Oman, Belgium, France, India, USA, Germany, Korea) I'm currently in S.Korea, I've been here since 2007 teaching English first to children and then at the university level.

my main racing team is on a Sydney 40, mostly day sailing, with an occasional 12-36 hour passage as part of a race or for pleasure on passages to Japan. I'm the mast man, but I'm happy to do any position on the boat!

I started sailing on dinghies (X3, Laser Pico, Hobie Bravo) in S.Korea in 2008. It quickly became an obsession. Since then , I've done a lot of sailing, especially on Catalina 22, J24, Contest 55 and I have skippered yachts from 32-57ft in regattas in Korea, and I've crewed on race boats in every position. I sail on a Nacra 20 from time to time, and I own a laser.

Most of my sailing has been in Korea, but I have done some cruising and racing in South East Asia as well. I sailed from Phuket to Langkawi as part of an RYA Coastal Skipper course, I hopped on a lovely Ketch in October 2012 for the All Souls Regatta in Puerto Galera, Phillipines, and this past winter (2013-14) I joined the Neptune Regatta in Indonesia (Dean 44 Catamaran), the Bay Regatta, Phuket on an S&S 12.9 and the Horsburgh Challenge in Singapore (Sydney 40).

I'm laid back, non-smoker, and ready to sail. I'm also a PADI dive instructor, and I have been teaching dingy and beginner keel boat classes in my little local expat club in Busan, South Korea.

I can ask prior skippers for recommendations if needed.

busansailingchris at gmail dot com

Tags
enc, Indonesia, sail, wanted