Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-12-2010, 19:08   #1

Boat: the Guiding Light is a Lagoon 410 (40.5' sailing catamaran)
Female to Cruise with in the Bahamas

I am a single 38 year old male and know it is hokey to place an ad here looking to meet single women between 28-48 years old. But since I live on my boat and cruise around I get the opportunity to see so many incredible things, but I never stay anywhere long enough to meet and date anyone. Therefore I figured I would put an ad out and see if there was anyone interested in cruising and getting to know each other.

I have three empty cabins on my Lagoon 410 catamaran, so you will have your own place and we can get to know each other in a friendly manner. There will be no expectations for either of us. If there is chemistry great we can see where it goes, if not then we part ways. Either way we will have a blast cruising around the beautiful Bahamas.

I am a fit 6’3”. I like watching movies, traveling, history, swimming, cooking, and having fun (whether that means hanging out with others in the cockpit or living it up at Mardi Gras). I’m usually quite playful and a romantic, but have a naughty side also. In order to learn more about me, my boat, and my travels so far visit my website at www.svGuidingLight.com.

I do not care for smoke, drugs, heavy drinking, or drama. I do like women that are fit, enjoy laughing, love to swim, and try to have fun no matter what. Other than that I want to get to know you and see if we match. Race is not an issue, but I would prefer someone who is a Christian (don’t worry I am not a Bible thumper, but I do believe).

If you are interested please contact me at shane :at: svguidinglight :dot: com - since you already know several things about me I would appreciate a picture of you and a description of your personality. I have limited internet access, so be patient.

Shane
Old 22-12-2010, 01:19   #2

Check it out -- he's an Eagle Scout and firefighter, too! Has a 32" tv on board, visits a lot of historical sites, does charitable work. Seems great with kids, carves a terrific hallowe'en pumpkin, gets his dad to football games on time. Likes mango truffles and changes his own oil!

There's a facebook group that could be the jackpot for you, Shane. If I can find it I'll send you an e-mail.
Old 22-12-2010, 03:02   #3

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Oh my.
Old 22-12-2010, 05:49   #4

Wow. You obviously read most of my website and I appriciate it. I hope you found it entertaining (if you have any suggestions I am all ears). I would love to hear about the facebook group your talking about.
Old 22-12-2010, 07:13   #5

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 43 & S2 6.9
Nice looking boat and site. How hard was it to rip out the head for your dedicated shower? I know that's one of my wifes biggest wishes - A full shower
Old 22-12-2010, 08:00   #6

The shower was not too hard on this boat. I removed the toilet and then cut out the platform it sat on and cut the molded in sink out. I had a fiberglass guy redo the floor to be even and he built a board to go over where the sink was to make a bench. after that I ran the old sink water lines up the wall to a new shower faucet I got at Home Depot. I had to build up a spot to attach the faucet. After that I got a panel of commercial bathroom wall (nice and thin) and cut it to shape and screwed it in. I found a vinel strip of trim to finish it off.

I hope this helps. I have a video tour of the boat (on my website under the boat page) which shows the shower in it or if you want I can send you some pictures.
Old 22-12-2010, 08:06   #7

Boat: private yacht always moving
I see that add as discrimination,,, can i bring a lawsuit on???? I am not female but think that should not stop you from letting me stay on your boat,,,,I myself,, am romantic tooo, (only with women),,,,,like to swim,,,,,believe in something but not actively,,,,look good in a speedo or so i am told,,,,am an ex chef so the cooking will be good, we could take turns every other night making a culinary delight,,, the above post sounds like it would be fun,,, call me now,,, please call me first,,,,looking forward to visiting all the places I am dreaming about,,
Old 23-12-2010, 04:24   #8

Boat: 45ft ketch
here we go
Old 23-12-2010, 05:34   #9

anybody seen the ads for the new movie, Craiglist Killer.
Just sayin.
Old 23-12-2010, 23:11   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by svguidinglight View Post
I would love to hear about the facebook group your talking about.
Haven't been able to re-find it yet, Shane, but e-mailed someone who may help.

To those who PMd me asking for a link, it's not a singles group, so I'm not holding out. It's just a general interest group about half of whose members are/were very closely aligned w/ the OP culturally and geographically, several of whom actively introduce/d single members to their IRL friends, IRL.
Old 24-12-2010, 01:17   #11

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainKJ View Post
I see that add as discrimination,,, can i bring a lawsuit on???? I am not female but think that should not stop you from letting me stay on your boat,,,,I myself,, am romantic tooo, (only with women),,,,,like to swim,,,,,believe in something but not actively,,,,look good in a speedo or so i am told,,,,am an ex chef so the cooking will be good, we could take turns every other night making a culinary delight,,, the above post sounds like it would be fun,,, call me now,,, please call me first,,,,looking forward to visiting all the places I am dreaming about,,
Whatever floats your boat I guess
Old 24-12-2010, 21:58   #12

Boat: private yacht always moving
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
Whatever floats your boat I guess
Only you could ever float my boat Anjou,,,,
I checked out your blog last week, the boat is coming along nicely,,, i want a champagne sunset ride when it is done,,,,:kissy:

Tags
Bahamas