Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-06-2012, 17:29   #1

FIJI-AUSTRALIA, SOMETIME JULY-SEPTEMBER 2012, 43 FT CAT

SV SEAZEN is a 2006 Leopard 43 catamaran straight out of Moorings Charter service and in the process of completing a Carribean-Pacific crossing. Currently crewed by a family of 4 which includes 2 kids, 11 and 8 years old.
We have come thus far by ourselves but are considering taking extra crew to assist with watches during passage and possibly with educating the kids.
The kids are on a Distance Education program based out of Brisbane. Hence preference would be given to anyone who has primary school teaching qualifications and would be prepared to pay passage by a few hours of teaching the kids each day. Open to male or female.
Further details can be discussed. Initlially write to glenvk at gmail.com You may wish to include a phone number and best time to call.
Cheers,
Glen
Old 18-06-2012, 20:28   #2

Re: FIJI-AUSTRALIA, SOMETIME JULY-SEPTEMBER 2012, 43 FT CAT

Hi Glen, how's the search going ? I'm looking at doing the same with my family in 2015, would be really interested to keep in touch, especially since I will probably be in Fiji in Sept.
Old 19-06-2012, 15:26   #3

i sent u an email if u r still trying to fill the position. thank u

brandon
Old 19-06-2012, 15:40   #4

Dear Captain

I am planning a similar delivery at the end of this year and would appreciate if you would share your experiences with me once you and your family are safely back home. I have not done this route in almost ten years and would be nice to find out if any note worthy changes has occurred.

Best of thoughts and well wishes
Paul
Old 24-06-2012, 15:40   #5

Hello,
My name is Jeremy, I am actually living in the caribbean, and i do have a lot of sailing experience, enginering also, I am very intersted to do the delivery with you guys, do the position is paid?
If you need my services i am availble now at
djesxm(at)gmail DOT com
or 599 5536306
Thank you
Regards
Jeremy
Old 26-06-2012, 20:30   #6

Hi, I would be interested in Fiji to Aus

Maritime Qualifications
IYT Master of Yachts Offshore (Sail endorsed)
STCW95
Marine Radio Operator’s Certificate of Proficiency (VHF & HF)
Current AMSA Medical Clearance
Qualified Scuba Diver (FAUI) - May 1987
Australian Jet Ski Licence
Maritime Experience
I have been actively sailing and boating for the past 35 years, mostly in recreational pursuits within Australia. I have recently completed the professional qualifications noted above. Over the past 12 months I have completed over 3,000 Miles on both the Eastern and Western Australian Seaboards assisting owners with Yacht deliveries short-handed. Tasks on-board included helming, watch keeping, navigation, galley duties and general deck work. Whilst my commercial experience is minimal, I regard myself as a competent sailor, with a passion to always strive for excellence. I’m an enthusiastic, easy to get along with team player, and believe that the safety of crew, passengers and vessel is paramount. email me via waverunners at yahoo dot com dot au
Old 26-06-2012, 20:46   #7

Boat: Paper Tiger 14 foot, Gemini 105MC 34 foot Catamaran Hull no 825

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenvk View Post
SV SEAZEN is a 2006 Leopard 43 catamaran straight out of Moorings Charter service and in the process of completing a Carribean-Pacific crossing. Currently crewed by a family of 4 which includes 2 kids, 11 and 8 years old.
We have come thus far by ourselves but are considering taking extra crew to assist with watches during passage and possibly with educating the kids.
The kids are on a Distance Education program based out of Brisbane. Hence preference would be given to anyone who has primary school teaching qualifications and would be prepared to pay passage by a few hours of teaching the kids each day. Open to male or female.
Further details can be discussed. Initlially write to glenvk at gmail.com You may wish to include a phone number and best time to call.
Cheers,
Glen
You dont say where you are,

But Muscat Cove in Fiji is a beuatifull spot to moor on a swing mooring, $7-00 a night,

Half a mile off the beach, and shops and bar, plenty of grouse beaches to walk apon,

Its about fifteen miles from Nadi, and Denarue Marina which has almost every thing you need to buy, A bus to Nadi is cheap,

The butcher shop is almost in Nadi, Excellent meat,

You can sail across to Denarue or catch the Muscat cat ferry, It takes an hour to get there,

Cheers,
Brian,
Old 26-06-2012, 21:25   #8

have e-mailed you

Tags
Australia