Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2011, 13:39   #1

Boat: Looking for a new boat
For Fall Deliveries

Hello, I am looking for a position on a boat heading South this fall from Coastal Maine. I have a 50 ton license and have been running a passenger vessel in Penobscot Bay for the last year, this included one very long winter out on the water in a very small boat (I have an unfortunately broad knowledge of adverse weather conditions). I am transitioning down to Boston and am looking for something to do between jobs and apartments. I would be looking mostly just to crew or act as relief captain to build experience. I have very good boat handling skills, and lots of time on sailboats including a trip down the Baja Peninsula and a trip across the Great Lakes and down the Hudson. My family owns a boatyard in Penobscot Bay so I have a very good idea of what yacht quality is and how an owner would like to recieve a delivered boat. I am extremely courteous, gracious, and friendly, I am good in pressure situations, have good hygiene, and don't mind long hours. My current job often requires 20 hour days. I do not smoke and only enjoy a beer after a long day. PM me if you are interested. I would be available from late September until mid- November.
Old 31-07-2011, 12:44   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to CharlesFCook
Re: For Fall Deliveries

Check out the Liberty Clipper in down town Boston. She is a 100 ton boat but they are always looking for crew. This could get you a 100 ton ticket also.

The Liberty Clipper does 6 day Windjammer cruises in the Bahamas during the winter and Boston Harbor cruises in the summer.
Old 31-07-2011, 13:37   #3

Boat: Looking for a new boat
Re: For Fall Deliveries

Thanks, The guy who is taking my job up here used to crew on the Liberty Clipper. I didn't realize they headed South. I will look into that.