Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-02-2011, 22:12   #1

From Fiji to Indonesia in April 2011

Hi,

I'm a friendly petite girl from Indonesia. I'm planning to go back home to Indonesia by sailing from Fiji. I've been dreaming to experience live on boat since school. So now I'm trying to realize and live my dream by sailing back home instead of taking a plane, which will cost lots of pollution for our beloved mother earth. I never had any sailing experience before but i'm a keen girl to learn anything new, fast learner and hardworker as well (for these i can give you references if you want). I would love to work and join any boat who will sail from Fiji to Indonesia or at least will pass Indonesia (Any part). It's an exchange job so I don't want to get paid as long as you want to take me home :-).
At the moment I'm still travelling in New Zealand but i will fly to Samoa and Fiji next month.

Looking forward to hear from you back

Peace and Cheers,
Yuliana
Old 15-02-2011, 22:42   #2

Boat: Islander 36
Welcome to the forum Yuls. Good luck in your travels. Be safe. Sabarla. Segera kamu ada teman mau pergi Indonesia dan ambil nona bagus juga. Hati hati bule nakal, ya?
Old 17-02-2011, 18:38   #3

Thanks Minggat,

I got your advice to re-put my ad again. Fingers crossed i will find a boat to sail back home!

cheers,
Yuls
Old 17-02-2011, 19:11   #4

Boat: Islander 36
Try here.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ica-54909.html
Old 18-02-2011, 19:56   #5

Hi Minggat,

Thanks very much i did see that post. I would love to join, but my position won't be in East Timor at that moment, i will be in Fiji. That's why i look boat who will leave from Fiji. Do you think It's possible to ask around on the spot (in the harbour) if i can have a lift to Indonesia when I'm in Fiji?

cheers,
Yuls
Old 18-02-2011, 20:11   #6
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
suva yacht club is a good place to start to look.
but april is really just the end of the cyclone season,so not many boats going any were untill may -june,though most boats head for torres strs - indo in sept.

best bet would be from darwin australia in april to go to indo,various rallies start from there at that time.
Old 19-02-2011, 00:27   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: CyberYacht 43
Sai Indonesia rally?

I fear you may have left your run too late this year. The cyclone season ends May 1 and I doubt if any cruisng boat would be leaving Fiji with the intention of going to Indonesia. You could ask, but the odds are against it.

The other possibility is that you may be able to sign on as crew on a boat departing Fiji for Australia in May. This would get you to Australia a few months after that.

Problem is, most boats going to Indonesia seem to go on the Sail Indonesia Rally which departs Darwin July 23 this year. In cruising terms this is a very tight schedule.

It may be easier to try to sign on as crew for the sail Indonesia rally. This would involve finding some prospective boats and getting yourself to Darwin in time to be interviewed and to check out the credentials of your possible boats.

Best of luck...

Tags
Fiji, Indonesia