Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2014, 05:23   #1

Greater Boston Area

Hello,

I am new to the Boston area, and as I won't be able to bring my 23' trailerable sail boat here until sometime later this summer, I would like to volunteer my help to anyone in the area that could use a hand.

I would be happy to help getting a boat launched and ready, go for an evening/weekend sail, or pretty much anything sailing related. I just have this itch to get on my own boat and tinker, but it's 1200 miles away..

I work normal business hours, but I am flexible outside of that. Special skills include a sense of humor, easy to get along with, an ability to work hard and a decent amount of electronics/computers and techie stuff. Willing to learn anything, and pretty good at figuring things out.

Let me know if you'd like some help and/or company!
Old 12-04-2014, 15:39   #2

Re: Greater Boston Area

I was down by Castle Island today, and saw *one* sailboat out in the harbor. Seriously people, I think it hit 70 today. Are you sur you couldn't need some help getting launched ???
Old 12-04-2014, 20:47   #3

Boat: Grampian 26, Mercury 15, Formosa 41

Hi Monstads,

Welcome to the Boston area! I'm just about to go out of state at the moment so won't be taking Jera out until I get back but when I do you're welcome to come for a sail.

In the meantime you should look up The Wollaston yacht club. They should be starting their spring membership drive and they have a social membership option for people without boats yet. When I was a full member a few years ago I think the social membership was going for somewhere around 80$ for the year. It's a great and inexpensive way to get involved in the local boating community. They're a good group of people.

Welcome again and I hope to see you out on the water!

-Ryan
Old 13-04-2014, 06:16   #4

Hi Ryan,

I would love to go out some time, so please do give me a shout when you're back in town.

I'll look into the yacht club you mentioned. Still haven't found a more "permanent" place for the whole family to live, and therfore not sure about the best place for us to keep the boat yet. Still have a couple of months to figure it out..