Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 14:50   #1

Help a Girl Out - My Trip Was Postponed Indefinitely!

I planned to sail the Caribbean with a friend for 6+ months, but we found out last weekend that our trip will be postponed indefinitely due to water damage that needs to be repaired. I'm unwilling to wait any longer! I'm willing to sail almost anywhere! I've been planning this trip for a year! If you still need crew, please contact me! I'm 31 and single. I'm not looking for a relationship, just a fun and safe crew to explore with! I don't have sailing experience, but I'm a quick study. I've spent most of my time on Lake Superior in 36-45' powerboats. I'm a great first mate! I can send pictures and discuss more about myself after hearing back from you. Thanks for reading and safe travels! Angella
Old 05-05-2009, 16:37   #2

Boat: finally a catamaran dive boat...
Send a message via MSN to cdennyb Send a message via Skype™ to cdennyb
hmm, I need to get a beer, kick off my Crocks, & sit back to see what happens here. This could be interesting...
Old 05-05-2009, 16:44   #3
cruiser

I may have a spare bunk aboard cruising BC waters this summer. Let me know if you are ever out this way.
Brent
brentswain38@yahoo.ca
Old 05-05-2009, 17:24   #4

If you are Southern New England and still without a boat, free contact me about some weekend sailing.. w/ 2 westies.
Old 05-05-2009, 20:15   #5

Boat: Morgan OI 414
How long can you be gone? Can you cook and clean fish? Do you like the Bahamas? Do you have any nasty habits we should be aware of. Are you tidy ? Do you complain alot? Have you ever been at sea and do you get sea sick? Do you know how to take watch in the dark or do you only like to sleep at night? Do you get skeeerd easy? Do you look pretty good or do you wiegh 300 pounds? Lots of things for me to determine before you step foot on my boat.
Old 05-05-2009, 20:28   #6
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdennyb View Post
hmm, I need to get a beer, kick off my Crocks, & sit back to see what happens here. This could be interesting...
What did you think was going to happen?

I'll pull up a chair as well. Got beer?
Old 06-05-2009, 03:53   #7

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.
I think there is a line forming to the left...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 06-05-2009, 06:01   #8

Oh boy.

Maybe post across the road?
Old 09-05-2009, 18:33   #9

I am looking to charter in the BVI or St. Vincent in late May or early June and need a partner in crime, so to speak. None of my friends have the flexibility in travel dates I do. Im a fit decent extremely fun guy and cant wait to get on the water.
If you are interested post a reply and we will connect and put it together
Old 11-05-2009, 13:03   #10

Boat: Manta 40
Are you really one of the girls next door? With a user name like that and your thread title I'm sure you are going to get many very useful and productive responses.

I think I'm going to go out in my boat and throw a line out the back and see what I catch. Seriously, it's opening weekend here up north, walleyes watch out!
Old 20-05-2009, 01:29   #11

Boat: Radford 40
Hi I am a solo skipper, 62 years old, that often takes on "volunteer guest/crew" as a pay as you go type thing, usually food and expenses, around $400USD a month depending on crew desires ((marina living or anchorages ) type of trip (passages or day sailing). Crew help with all aspects of operating the boat, including having a say of where and when boat will go.

I am currently in Trinidad hauled out trying to get the boat back up to snuff ;repainting topside/bottom, new radar, wind generator, electronics package, etc

I arrived in Trinidad a month ago after 3 years travel from Australia to Trinidad via the southern route around Africa. During that time I had about 50 of these volunteer crew for periods of a month to 4 months. I can give you refeences from some of these folks if you would like to contact them.

Plans are to cruise here locally (Trinidad ) through July, then either Suriname, Venezuala, Columbia for several months. After that, things are a bit indefinete.

I have a 25 year old guy, friend of a business aquaintance from my former life joining at the end of the month, for an indefinite period, no experience, just a desire to try the life style (a job at Wal Mart does not have much of a hold on him in NC) so you would take the other crew berth.

Juno is a Radford 40, cutter or double headsail sloop depending on how you view such things, with a steel hull and aluminum deck, aft cockpit with a raised deck.

If you are interested, let me know, either here on the forum or at my email tomonjunu@yahoo,com.

Tom
Old 27-05-2009, 18:14   #12

Boat: Amel-Kirk, 11m/36feet
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlnextdoor View Post
I planned to sail the Caribbean with a friend for 6+ months, but we found out last weekend that our trip will be postponed indefinitely due to water damage that needs to be repaired. I'm unwilling to wait any longer! I'm willing to sail almost anywhere! I've been planning this trip for a year! If you still need crew, please contact me! I'm 31 and single. I'm not looking for a relationship, just a fun and safe crew to explore with! I don't have sailing experience, but I'm a quick study. I've spent most of my time on Lake Superior in 36-45' powerboats. I'm a great first mate! I can send pictures and discuss more about myself after hearing back from you. Thanks for reading and safe travels! Angella
I will set sail from Florida to the Med. Canaries, Caribbean, Florida by the end of June (for the 9th time). It will take about 6-8 months.
If interested email: ospreyjacekewa@msn.com for more info.
Old 27-05-2009, 18:39   #13

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Knutson K-35 Yawl "Oh Joy" - Mariner 31 Ketch "Kahagon" - K-40 "Seasmoke" - 30' Sloop "Baccus"
She needs to answer up...
Old 27-05-2009, 18:44   #14

Still looking for a crew to sail with!

I've been traveling and now ready to make a decision on where my travels will bring me next! I'll be responding to the serious posts only. Thanks for reading!
Old 27-05-2009, 19:41   #15

Boat: Farrier f27
Do a foolowup. Let us know your travels.