Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-04-2015, 12:36   #1

Honolulu Sailing

Looking for salty semi-permanent crew members for regular day sailing Oahu and occasional island hopping.

Your contribution: Intelligence, knowledge, time & labor to maintain and sail a yacht
Old 21-04-2015, 17:12   #2

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Re: Honolulu Sailing

Aloha and welcome aboard!

If I was over there I'd look you up. It sounds like you might be having some fun.
Old 26-04-2015, 18:44   #3

Aloha,
I just moved to Honolulu and have been looking to get out on the water. I have some sailing experience, but have been on many boats with quite a bit of time on the water. I am a diver and surfer and easy to get along with. Intelligent, depends on who you ask I guess, but willing to put in time helping out in trade for sailing. Look forward to hearing from you. Mahalo Patrick
Old 29-04-2015, 20:07   #4

Aloha! I am a 2 year resident of Honolulu and a commercial diver in the harbor here. I have very little sailing experience, but I have been looking to make time for gaining it. (The work is slow for now.) I can contribute in other ways, college educated and handy around the house. Sounds like a very cool gig!

Linda
Old 01-05-2015, 11:53   #5

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the response. I have a Tayana 64 docked at Kewalo Basin. Go out most weekends and am found on the boat many times during the week. Give me a call when you have a chance at 808 295 5019. We could always use helpful company.

Paul Gibfried (Kewalo)
Old 01-05-2015, 12:03   #6

Hi Linda,
Thanks for responding. Have a Tayana 64 located at Kewalo. It is a great boat skippered my me, a middle grade sailor. Hoping to share some of the duties. Looking for more experience, but good company and a willingness to help me learn while you learn might work. Sail most weekends and I am on the boat several times during the week. Give me a call at 800 295 5019
Paul Gibfried (Kewalo)
Old 01-05-2015, 12:12   #7

Hi John,

Kind of new at this site and thought you were the web master giving me the typical joining greeting. Didn't realize you were in the same world as I, but read your profile this morning. Too bad you weren't a little closer.

Passed by your island in January thru the channel on my way to Honolulu from Panama. Saw Hawaii in the dawn and was sitting in Honolulu at 3 in the afternoon-- ending a long trip from the Chesapeake.

Happy sailing,

Paul Gibfried (Kewalo)
Old 01-05-2015, 12:34   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewalo View Post
Hi John,

Kind of new at this site and thought you were the web master giving me the typical joining greeting. Didn't realize you were in the same world as I, but read your profile this morning. Too bad you weren't a little closer.

Passed by your island in January thru the channel on my way to Honolulu from Panama. Saw Hawaii in the dawn and was sitting in Honolulu at 3 in the afternoon-- ending a long trip from the Chesapeake.

Happy sailing,

Paul Gibfried (Kewalo)
Hi Paul,
Yes, wish I was closer. I used to greet everyone as they joined the forum but have cut back to just those folks nearer or that have some similar life experiences. It's hard to keep up with all that join Cruisersforum.
I'm certain you'll get some good crew there.
I used to ply the islands with my old wooden ketch and had some very fun and memorable times then. Now I'm mostly land bound except for occasional invitations to do some channels and www.hilosailing.org activities. My ability to be agile crew has dwindled in the last few years but I do still find being on the water more enjoyable than being ashore.
kindest regards,
Old 01-05-2015, 13:21   #9

I'm really glad you've put out the call for crew to join you. When I had my boat down in Pearl Harbor I did the same and met some really great people some of whom became lifelong friends.
By the way, the last time I was in Honolulu I helped an old sailing friend move to the Big Island. She and I rented a large hand truck from Hawaiian Rent All. It's a well established company that lots of old sailors and Navy folks know about.
Old 01-05-2015, 22:56   #10

Aloha Kewalo!
Thank you for your reply. It sounds like a great opportunity to go sailing on a fantastic boat. I will give you a call tomorrow afternoon. I look forward to meeting you and getting out on the water. I am living across the street from the harbor, and walk there just about every day.

Thanks again for the response.

Mahalo

Patrick
Old 09-05-2015, 14:27   #11

Hello Kewalo,

If your still looking for crew I live on Oahu and have Friday and Saturday free, I'm have very limited experience sailing, but would love to learn as much as I can while I'm here on Oahu. I'm a quick learner and enjoy the water. Thanks for you time, hope to hear from you.

Tags
sail, sailing