Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-08-2013, 02:32   #1

Boat: dont have a boat
Send a message via Skype™ to Marshmellow
Hospitality Management graduate, rescue diver and beginner sailer in Darwin soon

I am a fun, open-minded and easygoing dutch backpacker, with a current mission to travel/work around the world, do amazing things and figure out where I want to live and what career i want to get myself into. Ever since I was a little girl I have been obsessed with everything ocean, everything australian and everything food. So I started snorkeling at the age of 5, got my first PADI diving certificate at age 12, lived on an Australian farm at age 17, worked in alot of restaurants, earned myself a degree in hotel and hospitality management and had my first sailing experience during the student yachting competition 'Race of the Classics', where I got hooked on sailing too. Now I am graduated, back in Australia and open for any adventure where I can combine all these passions: working as sailing/diving crew anywhere in the world for any period of time.

My sailing experience is limited to a two time, one week experience as an competitor during Race of the Classics, Where with a crew of 12 unexperienced students, one skipper and two mates we sailed from Rotterdam the Netherlands to Ipswitch in England with a couple of detours on the way. So I pretty much only know how to pull on the right ropes, how not to get seasick and how a compass works.

However am VERY WILLING to learn everything about sailing, or just work in a position that still brings me the sailing experience. I am a good cook (come with kitchen experience but no chef certificates) I am a Padi rescue diver and snorkeling instructor, have experience with social media management, e-commerce, restaurant service, housekeeping, tour management, event-management, reception work and come with an SLR camera + emergency first response.

With all this - and a good work ethic- I am confident to say I could be a great Hostess, Cook, Waitress, Diving Buddy, Snorkeling Instructor, Social-media manager, Customer contact person and Amateur sailing crew.

For starters: I am looking for a 'sailing ride' from Darwin to Bali somewhere in/around september 2013, in exchange for working for the trip.

After that I have a diving job lined up in Bali for about a month, and from oktober 2013 on I am free for any kind of adventurous job that will let me explore more ocean, learn about sailing and put my management/hospitality skills into practice. I'm open for any suggestions: round the world trips, long trips, short trips, tourist charters, private yachts, races, holidays, adventures etc.

If you have any tips, think about taking me along, and have experience enough to keep my mum from being scared I will end up in Davy Jones' Locker please send me a message!

Tags
men, rescue, sail