Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-08-2014, 17:43   #1

Boat: Beneteau Idylle 13.5, C&C 31, and Windrider 16
Husband/Wife looking for crewing postions Mexico Pacific coast Dec/Jan

My wife and I have our own boat and have completed ASA sailing courses through 103 (bare boat chartering). We are planning a trip to the Mexican Pacific coast and would be interested in crewing to or from their OR local sailing in the area.

Willing to pitch in with our share of the work and also pay in a cost sharing arrangement. Could even bring smaller boat parts in our carry on luggage if you need something you can't get down there!

Our plan is to fly into Mexico City and travel to Peurto Vallara to stay with friends for a week in their timeshare. We are semi-retired, our time is very flexible, we can sail for a week for sure and maybe much more if the trip sounds interesting.

We are both 50ish, in good shape, we ran a B&B for years so we are good hosts AND guests, and can whip up a mean breakfast. She is a smoker but VERY considerate and will switch to her E cig if needed.
Old 24-08-2014, 10:43   #2

Boat: Catalina Morgan 440
Re: Husband/Wife looking for crewing postions Mexico Pacific coast Dec/Jan

Hello "birdsey". I saw your ad on the Cruiser Forum site. I am currently looking for a couple to come with me on an interesting trip on a 46' sailboat. My trip is not a match to your post (sailing in Mexico) but I thought I would present the opportunity to you anyway. My trip will be on the ARC+ 2014 leaving the Canary Islands in mid November, sailing 850 miles south to the Cape Verde Islands, then across the Atlantic to St, Lucia, arriving about December 5th.

My boat is fairly new, well equipped and has completed one Atlantic crossing already this year. If you have any interest in this voyage, please write me back at my email address álexanderaboard@gmail.com'
Old 07-10-2014, 22:24   #3

Boat: 1999, hunter 340

Good Day Folks, My name is Jim, my wife is Sonja.
We are presently relocating out 1999 Hunter 340 from Vancouver BC to Belize. I soloed her down to Coos Bay Oregon last week and had to go back to the arctic to work. I plan on resuming the trip late Oct. I am looking for some company from San Diego to Panama, with a planned departure late Nov. Sonja can't come along with me due to her health (except for some R&R time here and there)
Meand'er is a good boat, lots of work and upgrades, very comfortable and roomy enough for 4.
Where are you located? Let me know if this is interesting enough for you to have a conversation.
Cheers
Jim $ Sonja
Old 07-10-2014, 22:39   #4

Boat: 1999, hunter 340

PS. We are both in our 50's and I use and E-cig as well. Sonja is going to join me from Cabo san Lucas to PV, where her friend lives. from there south its up to me to continue. Could be a great chance to meet and get to know one another.

Tags
crew, crewing, Mexico