Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014, 18:05   #46

Boat: PETERSON 44
Re: I need a Sailboat Delivered-From Nassau

Thank god your okay. I was about to suggest that you passed through Colorado picked up a few joints and a guyish looking girl.
My sick imagination had you busted for possession and weird sex in a hotel in a conservative state.
Really all you wanted was someone to skipper a boat? Damn Internet.
Good to check some of the suggestions from more experienced sailors and funny technicality things getting the boat back in the US
Tongue in cheek. My own cheek in case someone gets all Internet confused.
Old 06-03-2014, 18:07   #47
Marine Service Provider

Whoa... hold on a second Jeff.....you were the one who was in a hurry (read ASAP)to have this done but then waited days to contact people who responded--including those who said you never did respond. While some might have made some wild accusations (ie the 600 pounds of cocaine comes to mind), does it not register that almost everyone who responded was concerned and thought something or more than one thing seemed odd--for example, why not just get your passport and get the boat yourself--which you could have done before leaving Mobile to slowly drive and vacation in the sun? But yes, that is none of our business, but all of us have every right to raise our legitimate concerns here and in the interest of trying to protect you, the delivery crew and everyone else involved. If you were in such a hurry, why did you wait for so many days before checking back here after you asked for assistance? But really, you could have expedited your passport for only $60...which means you could have gone to inspect the boat and bring her back as well. So why go to the expense to hire crew when you could have done it? Heck you are in Key west now and will need to be there at least another few days or week waiting while you could have been sailing your boat, but for $60 more and airfare could have gone to Nassau..at least to meet the crew and get the boat ready if you could not sail her. So please...most everyone here is trying to be helpful and ask reasonable questions....without using the four letter words you used to express your dismay. I join the others in wishing you well and a safe delivery but still wonder...why is a florida registered boat sitting for sale on Ebay in Nassau??? Just curious....there must be a good story behind all of this...with or without the dubious 600 pounds of cocaine.
Old 06-03-2014, 18:10   #48

Boat: temporarily boatless...

OK, it's in my top 1% now!
Old 06-03-2014, 18:16   #49
cruiser

Paul, I have really tried to give you the benefit of the doubt buddy, but it seems your the main instigator in MY thread.... Again, let me make this very very clear.

I, Jeff, am in the market to hire a Professional captain to bring my sailboat from Nassau Bahama's to south Florida, if interested ,let me know. If your not interested .... well, hmm.. I guess just go find something else to do... That simple No conspiracy crap here guys go to the next one
Old 06-03-2014, 18:37   #50

Boat: Pearson 323

Jeff
I bought a boat last fall, I have not had it in the water yet. I hope you enjoy your new boat and don't let the naysayers get you down. its going to be great

Ron W
Saint Paul MN
Old 06-03-2014, 19:06   #51
Marine Service Provider

I'm neither an instigator nor a conspiracy (as in CON and Piracy) theorist in this thread but I have completed many successful deliveries with many clients on many different boats and a few deliveries for clients who through either ignorance or misinformation almost caused disastrous situations...and I have been contacted by many boat owners with ..er..shall I say strange and unusual situations where I thankfully declined any contracts. I stand by my original concerns which I referred to as "red flags" and they remain as such. I did in my last post provide my positive and pleasant wishes for you when I wrote: "So please...most everyone here is trying to be helpful and ask reasonable questions....without using the four letter words you used to express your dismay. I join the others in wishing you well and a safe delivery but still wonder...why is a florida registered boat sitting for sale on Ebay in Nassau??? Just curious....there must be a good story behind all of this...with or without the dubious 600 pounds of cocaine." I again wish you the best and hope all goes well. This has been entertaining. Perhaps you'll be willing to keep us all informed of progress.
Old 06-03-2014, 19:31   #52

Boat: Sail any boats from 28 to 60 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete33458 View Post
OK, it's in my top 1% now!
x100.
I love happen ending.
Old 06-03-2014, 19:54   #53

Boat: Mac 26X

CF has a number of jerks that have little to do but make internet-asses of themselves...and several showed up in this thread. Good on you Jeff for not getting into it. The benefit for me is I get to add people to tHe ignOre list!

Good luch Jeff...and watch out for the black helicopters...and remember: EVERYTHING was an inside job.
Old 06-03-2014, 20:14   #54

Boat: 1980 Morgan 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatoGordo View Post
CF has a number of jerks that have little to do but make internet-asses of themselves...and several showed up in this thread. Good on you Jeff for not getting into it. The benefit for me is I get to add people to tHe ignOre list!

Good luch Jeff...and watch out for the black helicopters...and remember: EVERYTHING was an inside job.

What he said.

Good luck on the boat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2014, 02:02   #55

Boat: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciborg View Post
Paul, I have really tried to give you the benefit of the doubt buddy, but it seems your the main instigator in MY thread.... Again, let me make this very very clear.

I, Jeff, am in the market to hire a Professional captain to bring my sailboat from Nassau Bahama's to south Florida, if interested ,let me know. If your not interested .... well, hmm.. I guess just go find something else to do... That simple No conspiracy crap here guys go to the next one
You post on a public forum. You publish a brief post with little information. People ask questions that may be quite relevant and in many cases are to assist you in perhaps avoiding some issues you may not have anticipated. You don't respond. Then you call the others "children." The majority of people with questions said nothing about conspiracy. They spoke of clearance and entry issues. There are even issues prior to your recent answer as to what captains might even be able to return such a boat based on it's flag. What may appear straightforward, often isn't. Sell a US flagged vessel in Mexico and it's illegal. Done all the time but recent crackdowns may have some boats in trouble.

You are the one who said on 3/3 you would respond on 3/4, when you were reaching Key West, with more information. You don't. You respond late on 3/6 and say you've been enjoying your vacation and just sat down. Well, normally when one initiates a thread and then they post when they'll follow up, one anticipates they will and so it's natural to then wonder what has happened.

I can only hope you've anticipated all the issues that some of us actually tried to help with and that it goes as smoothly as you hope.

Frankly, had you put the effort you put into ranting and righteous indignation into a more complete post and a response to some of the valid questions instead, it all would have been much more productive. Had you even put that into getting a passport. And the reluctance toward responding instead of lashing back out does absolutely nothing toward helping your own credibility.

Saying I'm looking for a captain to sail from Nassau to South Florida does not provide anyone with enough information to know if they can help you. I wish you and a captain luck in sorting it out.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:22   #56

...and the winner of the "Most Paranoid CF Thread of the Year" goes to - Crew Wanted: I need a Sailboat Delivered-From Nassau!

Old 07-03-2014, 04:35   #57
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatoGordo View Post

I couldn't agree more, Fatcat ! I have seen many of these threads that have been answered by those who seemingly do not even want to take the delivery position offered in it. I find that a quick grammar check will often help you gain insight into the level of maturity, inebriation, etc... of the poster! Good luck with your new boat, Jeff. We are not all that way here on CF. Please post again and let us know how your crew worked out for you, Scott.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:10   #58
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Well... This has been highly entertaining at the very least!

Mai Tai's fix everything...
Old 07-03-2014, 06:09   #59

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: I need a Sailboat Delivered-From Nassau

Agreed. We are watching some serious backing and filling herebouts.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:25   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Agreed. We are watching some serious backing and filling herebouts.
Hope somebody is pulling in the tender tow line.... Could get ugly....

Mai Tai's fix everything...

Tags
nassau, sail, sailboat