Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-12-2013, 05:15   #16

Re: In Shape, Organic Dude looking for Crew

Hi, I am a brazilian sailor and experienced mariner, English, Portuguese and Spanish speaker, no smoking, religious and able to sail anywhere to the north. now I am in Venezuela looking for a boat to go on. you can e-mail me back to: serbben@hotmail.com.
my regards
Old 27-12-2013, 05:37   #17

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post

made out of fiberglass and resin with Dacron sails?
LOL
Petroleum products are organic i swear! , they come from dead dinosaurs, plantlife, jimmy hoffa,,,,,
Old 27-12-2013, 06:55   #18

Do you have a boat and are looking for good help?
Old 27-12-2013, 15:31   #19
Marine Service Provider

Too confusing. ..
Old 27-12-2013, 16:04   #20

Boat: CL52

does the boat have to be wood? fiberglass isnt organic. is steel considered organic?
Old 27-12-2013, 16:18   #21

No offense bud but I don't think I'd want to be in a cockpit with you for weeks on end. My go-to crew member for deliveries isn't even that great of a sailor, but they're a nice easy going person that I can:

- shoot the bull with for a few hours about whatever topics
- trust to do what I ask of them while I'm sleeping
- predict

Maybe just tuck that stuff away if you meet up with any boats. A lot of what they're looking for is similar to roomate verification except it's about a million times more serious and boils down to "is this person going to drive me insane or get us all killed?"
Old 28-12-2013, 01:59   #22

Boat: 45' Custom Ted Brewer
Send a message via Skype™ to Ahquabi

Rebel Heart - Sound advice
Captain Bligh - I don't think steel is organic
Paul - I'm also confused
OrganicTruth - try telling us the basics about yourself and what you are looking for rather than your philosophies in life. For example the skills you have, seasickness issues, time/money constraints, mental/medication issues, drug use habits, dietary issues, passport/s held, languages spoken, etc etc a facebook account is a good one.....you can tell a lot about someone by their facebook account.........but if I had to guess I would say you don't have one.....you probably deleted it when you discovered the truth.

I've come across a few boats where I think you would fit in great but the irony is they tend to be the boats that expect the biggest financial contribution from their crew.

I don't mean to offend either but your message will scare most people off
Cheers
Tony
Old 28-12-2013, 05:25   #23

Boat: Skookum 53'

Steel is organic, iron ore comes from the soil, coke is carbon, it doesn't get more organic than that.
Organictruth dude, you aren't giving us much to work with here, maybe that is your style. I'll pass.
Old 28-12-2013, 05:35   #24

Boat: 1983 Gulfstar 36

I think I got it......

He is looking to crew on a boat.

He wants to learn about boats

He does not have a boat

Hint, Loose the hat.. gain a smile. Boating is a fun thing .

Keep trying and hang out near boats, racers 7 cruisers alike.

"Yes, well.. perhaps some more wine" (Julia Child)
Old 28-12-2013, 05:56   #25

Im all about Truth as well:

The Truth is,
Boats cost lots of money to Own, maintain, cruise places,

Sailors like Fisherman Lie, its cause we are so happy being on the water we exaggerate. The Rum also may have something to do with it.

Rum costs money

Parts of boats break often, These parts are not grown organically they cost money

Boats typically do not have large gardens on board the wind and water make a mess of gardens, space and water is a precious commodity. Not sure how easy it is to be Organic on a boat that cruises but I know we eat fish, meat, canned goods, many places it is more importantly asked Are food and supplies even available?, not whether or not it is organic.

All the above costs money which Corporations love em or hate em, help provide this $$ to pay for all of the above.
Old 28-12-2013, 06:00   #26

Boat: Bristol 27

Hey Organic Dude, hang in there. You must remember that many of these "cruisers" are no different than the average consumer you are trying to get away from.

They buy a boat to work on or to shine up then sail from marina to marina and park.................err dock. Usually near a nice restaurant so they can enjoy some nice overly processed food.

Looks like they want you to be like the ladies and gents on the news and smile and be happy before you can be accepted as crew.

Keep looking there are lots out there like yourself. You can check out Boat Punks here: (btw, the whole blog is good so enjoy)

Boat Punk Mash-Up | The Life NomadikThe Life Nomadik
Old 28-12-2013, 06:50   #27

Tomm thanks for the kind words. I didn't mean to offend or confuse any of you. I'm on a journey to connect to my True Source and Creator and plan to barter on an organic village or other location away from "Usa/Babylon/Rome/England" whatever you want to call it. I'm hoping there are other places more south or near the equator where others follow my beliefs more. I did the whole high school/college thing. I played Varsity "soccer," Hockey, and volleyball. Had some office jobs since then, but then I realized what am i doing with my life? I wasn't happy being stuck in traffic, using polluted roads, and working for some corporate company with cruel and greedy people and going by their set rules day after day. After 911 happened and I began to awake more to the truth about what really occurred, and about the system and the corporations/Wall Street/Govt etc, and I just didn't want to go along with the lies or feed the "beast." So I began getting into organic ways, also because I realized the truth about the food industry as well and how most of the food is poison and processed with GMO's, and other bad things. How all the animals are tortured and treated badly as well. I have been bartering for room and organic food and that is where I'm at now. I would just prefer to be in a place warmer and where I feel more at peace. I'm in New England now but if I can find someone honest who sails south to say the Caribbean or S. America like Ecuador, then I will help you out on the journey there and I won't be any bother. I'm not a violent person and come in peace. I choose not to renew my passport or get involved with the corporations/govts any longer. I'm a human being, born of the true creator and it wasn't my choice to have a Birth Certificate or Passport or SS card, or to live by the corrupt money system. Therefore when I realized the truth, it's my choice now to no longer use those things or be bounded by them to travel. The Earth was created equally for all of us, not meant for borders and controllers to own it. Again, I don't mean to offend anyone or confuse anyone. I come in peace and will provide a fair barter exchange. I can also joke and laugh about good things and I'm not always serious or will cause problems for you and your crew.
Old 28-12-2013, 06:54   #28

Boat: Skookum 53'

Well thanks for the additional information, it gives me a better picture of what you are about.
Old 28-12-2013, 07:11   #29

Boat: Carver 3207 Aft Cabin, 32'
Here's a revealing question: can you help me figure out why the brand new remote control joystick control on the upper helm won't move the Jabsco searchlight one micron in any direction, but the lower helm switch works just fine, even though both switches are wired identically? Doesn't really matter if you think badgers and English hedgehogs would make the best politicians, can you be useful and helpful out there, I mean the Captain Ron "out there." That's what most boaters care about.
Old 28-12-2013, 07:13   #30

Most of us can relate, unfortunately most other countries including ours requires identification for travel. You may truly have a better chance of finding what you want right here in the US.

Tags
crew