Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2013, 12:53   #1

Intermediate Sailor Looking for Experience - July-Aug 2013

I'm a male, 26 year old Canadian currently in Beirut, Lebanon looking for some crewing experience. I'm willing to travel to meet the boat but am looking for a low- or no-cost trip.

I have taken the ASA 101 Basic Keelboat and 103 Basic Coastal Cruising courses and spent a year up until last March living aboard an Ericson 35 mk 2 in Vancouver, BC, Canada and cruising around the nearby Gulf Islands a bit. Though I have no bluewater sailing experience yet, I spent six weeks in the fall of 2011 as a deckhand on a 47' tuna freezer-troller off the coast from Oregon to Vancouver Island. We saw a few 35-40 knot gales so I know I've got at least some sea legs.

I'm easygoing, responsible and reliable and willing to help with nightwatches, cleaning etc. Ideally, I'm looking for an opportunity to learn from someone skilled, prudent and knowledgeable while getting to see some new part of the oceans.

I have to head home mid to late August so if you've got anything between now and then, just PM me and we can get talking, thanks!