Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 18:18   #1

Jane & steve

Hello
Steve and I are presently taking a belated gap year or two...
We've cleared and jungle path in Borneo, worked with the locals in Vanuatu, and now we're running a Boutique Lodge in New Zealand - what next?
We're fit, energetic, innovative and open-minded, we're happy to re-locate to any place new and interesting, hopefully with an abnormal twist.
Available for boatsitting, crewing, cooking, deckhand, you name it, Steve built and designed our Dutch replica barge, which we've since sold and it's crossed the channel to France. Steve is pratical in every way, plumbing, electrics, carpentry, building, designing and a host more.
I'm just a great cook and a very amiable person, where no task is too much hassel, I'll have a go, hopefully doing it great.
If you feel you could do with our help, please drop us message
Jane & Steve
Old 12-02-2013, 05:17   #2

Re: Jane & steve

Hi,I will have to deliver a sailing boat from Brisbane to Vanuatu at the end of April, are you interested? If yes, what could be the deal?
What did you like the most about Vanuatu? Witch area?
Best regards
Andrea
Old 27-02-2013, 05:36   #3

Boat: simpson45
Re: Jane & steve

hi Jane and Steve,
you sound like good sports, just what it takes to make for an enjoyable cruise, if - you have a bit more than basic sailing experience.
I will commence on 20 April in Brisbane to sail a 45' Simpson cat to Bali, where I live.
Most day sailing, except for maybe 5 nights, where we have 3 or 4 hour watch. I am a very fit mid sixties, married , but my wife is not keen on joining on the entire trip. (Too much offering over board involved.)
There is actually already a couple who'd like to join, but they are also entering fossil stage, which is not ideal. Sometimes a bit resilience is needed, if things get exciting for a few days.
Should we exchange a bit more?
My email: ramoninbali@yahoo.com. au
Cheers, Ramon