Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-07-2016, 08:54   #16

Re: Join for all or Part of Multi year cruise

This is my first reply on this site, I hope this is working correctly? I am very interested and would like more details. I am healthy alcohol and drug and criminal background free 59 yo male who is in the process of planning a 3-5 year circumnavigation. My work history has been in management and small business ownership. Divorced 12 years with grown children and grandson. My experience is limited to racing sailboats in my teenage years,two weeks cruising in 35 foot sailboats in my teenage years. I owned a 27 foot Bayliner in the late 80's and am currently crewing for a Captain who races in the Chesapeake. A buddy who is an engineer recently unemployed and divorced were planning Tia journey he would be available if you wanted a crew of 2 , although not necessary. My email is Safetkey @gmail.com. I look forward to discussing all the possibilities. Best Regards. Tom

,QUOTE=Dewo;2160867]Looking for sailing mates for extended cruise starting this December. We are retired couple and have spent our retirement saving on a 43' Endeavor Blue-water sailboat. Her Name is "Our Joy". She has been in refit for two years six mouths now.
She now sports a new Motor, Sails, Enclosed and Screened Bimini, Stanchions, Salon lighting, Nav lighting, Radar, AIS, VHS radio, Electrical panel, Water-maker, Freezer, Ice Maker, Solar Panels, Three Battery Banks totaling 3000 Ah, Cushions in Cockpit and Salon a 6 person Dingy, 6 person Life-raft and more.

We will be cruising at the beginning of the Caribbean sailing season this December. We will spend the North America's winter in the north Caribbean moving south during the hurricane season 2017. We will cross to the pacific some time late 2017 or early 2018 as we proceed around the world. We will let prevailing winds and currents drive our movements. We are looking for Couples and Singles to join us for some or all the cruise. "Our Joy" sleeps eight so don't be shy. Join us.
We will also Video document (via the internet) the cruise, so if you are wanted by Interpol are the FBI this may not be for you .

So if you are looking for Fun, Excitement, willing to share cost, duties and really never thought you could see the world because you, like us, didn't save the required million dollars 401k to retire to your beach house and travel the world. Join our little cooperative and let do it together.

Please reply to Info AT dewo dot US

Thanks
Dewo[/QUOTE]
Old 25-07-2016, 03:07   #17

Hi Dewo
Your planned journey sounds awesome and I would possibly like to join you, if you have space available. I did send a message to info@dewo.us, however, am not sure you have received it. Please contact me errol@simpkins.co.za so we can start chatting.
Many thanks
Errol
Old 26-07-2016, 18:24   #18

Hi I am interested. I am a 66 year old married retiree. Unfortunately my wife is several years away from retirement so I would be traveling without her. I have sailed on a regular basis since 2002. I have completed all the ASA courses including Celestial navigation. I need to know more regarding the shared expenses. Email me at hfkgjk@epix.net if interested.
Old 28-07-2016, 08:51   #19

Boat: Dickerson Ketch 37'

Dear Captain, I have sailed my 40' Bristol Yawl and most recently my Dickerson 37' ketch in the Great Lakes and the East Coast, Mass. to Florida, and would look forward to joining your team. My background is in hospitality and food service and could commit to the whole trip "Good Lord Willing!"
Please send more details to my e-mail dkache@msn.com and later we could talk over the phone. Thanks! Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	terry,dave,bob 001 (2).jpg
Views:	115
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	128607  
Old 01-08-2016, 21:08   #20

Boat: 30 Ft Allied Seawind Ketch

Greetings!

I would love to learn more. I am captain and solo circumnavigator in training. Own a 30 ft Allied SW I Ketch. Currently preparing to circumnavigate Puerto Rico.

I would be interested in joining you guys for a portion of your voyage. Particularly interested in long and/or difficult passages, such as long leg across the Pacific, Coral Sea/Great Barrier Reef, Arabian and Red Sea? Reunion-Cape Town? etc.

What is your projected route so far?

Hope this finds you well!

Daiyen
Old 16-08-2016, 12:52   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to valpro

Hi there, Dewo,

I too am a retired woman, who started sailing just last year.

I took a basic cruising course and have crewed on various boats racing at our local sailing club. (42 races since August 2015)

Last fall I also successfully completed the Coastal Navigation course.

But I would say that my cooking skills trump my sailing skills. I am also able and willing to do all kinds of cleaning and be your interpreter if you ever need someone who speaks French or Spanish.

I usually travel every winter from January to May, but I could also be available for December, for a total of four to five months.

If you and your wife are interested, we could talk more via skype. Please let me know.

Val

Tags
cruise