Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 12:22   #1

La Paz, Mexico to Panama and transit Canal

70 ft steel sailing vessel departing November from La Paz, Mexico to Panama, with a strong possibility of extending the passage to Cartagena, Columbia. Approximate time envisaged is 5 weeks. Looking for up to 4 persons with a good sense of humor. Two Australian professional Captains with over 300,000 miles experience.This is not a paid position. Blue Skies, Mick
Old 11-09-2013, 16:33   #2

Re: La Paz, Mexico to Panama and transit Canal

Hello,

My name is Sophie, I'm French and I'm 25 years old. I'm on a boat since 2 month with a Colombian captain doing charter between colombia and Panama with 12 passengers aboard. I cook, I help him for the sail and I clean everything. He's really happy with me.
I would like to go to Mexico or Guatemala or Belize by boat because I love this way to travel.
I speak French and Spanish fluently and I do my best for my English... My humor is constant and I'm a smiling person. I'm never sea-sick.

If you are interested please contact me.

Sophie
Old 11-09-2013, 17:34   #3

Sophie, please get back to me on my private email .... windseeker37@gmail.com Thanks, Mick
Old 12-09-2013, 16:32   #4

Hola Mick,

still looking for a crew? Im travelling Central America until February (now in San Salvador and going southwars) and i would love to spend some weeks with you guys. i have very little experience (once made my optimist "licence"), but I would love to learn it!
I am 18 years old, from Germany, able to work!, easy to handle and looking for fun and adventure!

Greetings, Felix

ps, your email didnt work for some reason :/
Old 12-09-2013, 16:40   #5

Felix, try my reg email. miketelcik at gmail dot com. Tell me more about yourself. Mick
Old 29-09-2013, 11:12   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by windseeker37 View Post
70 ft steel sailing vessel departing November from La Paz, Mexico to Panama, with a strong possibility of extending the passage to Cartagena, Columbia. Approximate time envisaged is 5 weeks. Looking for up to 4 persons with a good sense of humor. Two Australian professional Captains with over 300,000 miles experience.This is not a paid position. Blue Skies, Mick
Hi I am Jeroen i'm 21 live in amsterdam. I'm a competitive sailor in one person boats I've sailed the WC in S-A and the EC in France. I'm hungry for seamiles. I'm easy going and I speak dutch, english and my spanish is average like my german and french.
Love to hear from you.
Old 06-10-2013, 20:18   #7

Hey Mick,

My name is Sharif and I'm a 33, from the USA, and an non-smoker. I grew up boating in the San Juans near Seattle, and have crewed from the USVI to Bermuda then up to New England (just two of us), sailed from Buenos Aires to Cape Horn, and delivered a 50' Beneteau from Seattle to Hawaii that involved a complete outfitting as it was a new yacht.

I finish work for the year October 29th and would be happy to fly down to La Paz to join your boat. Let me know if you're still looking for crew and I'd be happy to tell you more about myself and my experience.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:55   #8

Hi there,

Crossed the Atlantic in 1987 and was lost at sea for 15 days. Jumped ship in Bermuda and had a spectacular sail to England. I have also sailed through Indonesia, so I know all about Foster's, since most of the boats used it for ballast. I have also sailed through the Greek Islands and more importantly have spent many weekends sailing on New York Harbour, where you can be t-boned anytime (and I have been) or end up as a hood ornament on a cruise ship. Mostly I have good stories, all sorts of foreign languages, which no one understands and I am an excellent cook, who knows how to cook tuna 360 ways. We caught a lot of tuna on one of those trips.

D
Old 09-10-2013, 13:58   #9

Sorry, we are fully crewed. Mick

Tags
la paz, Mexico, Panama