Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2015, 17:33   #1

Boat: Gozzard, 44CC, 50'
Long Island, NY to BVI Departing 11/7

2 crew wanted for off-shore passage, direct NY to BVI on well equipped Swan 58 with 2 experienced captains. Must be able to stand independent night watch. Departing Sat. Nov. 8. Expect 8 day passage. Food and return air fare to east coast will be covered. Send resume with references to ScrimshawIV at gmail.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:43   #2

Re: Long Island, NY to BVI Departing 11/7

Hi my name is captain Gabriel Cordero base on Miami fl available to do the trip I have done this trip many times for the racing seasson in the bvi I have my Uscg masters with sailing towing endorments and also am a sailboat rigger! Am handy with engines and a extent sailor. Let me now if you need my help thanks
Old 02-11-2015, 14:46   #3

Boat: Gozzard, 44CC, 50'

Thanks to all that have responded. The crew positions are now filled.
Old 08-11-2015, 15:04   #4

Greetings!
Anthony Smith-Rodriguez here just finishing a season of organic farm work in upstate New York,and ready to head south for the winter. I'm looking to crew on a boat heading to the Caribbean within the next few weeks. I am looking for an unpaid position and am willing to contribute to a shared cost arrangement. I have maritime experience both in coastal cruising(around Puerto Rico, USVI and BVI), and as deckhand on a 200ft high speed passenger ferry(MV Athena). I am also a leather and canvas worker, and apprenticed at a marine canvas shop doing mostly boat covers, shades, upholstery and sail repair. I have a current US Passport, am fully bilingual(English/Spanish), able bodied and eager to contribute to any and all tasks required on board any type of vessel. I am currently in Westport, NY, right on Lake Champlain, and would be able to meet up with a boat at any location along the eastern seaboard, or in the Bahamas. I would be interested in either a cruise down the ICW or a straight crossing towards the Bahamas. I would be disembarking either in Puerto Rico(My homeport) or any of the surrounding islands(Dominican Republic, Vieques, Culebra, USVI or BVI). I'm ready to leave anytime after the 16th of November(sooner if required). Please feel free to contact me at antoinebags@gmai.com. I can make phone contact at a prearranged time, as I am in a signalless region of the Adirondacks. I appreciate your consideration in having me as part of your crew, and look forward to being back on deck.
Anthony Smith-Rodriguez
FB: Taller Caribe Rincon

Tags
Long Island