Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-04-2013, 04:25   #1

Boat: 31' Island Packet
Smile Long Island to Florida

Captain of 31' Island Packet looking for female crew member, prefer late 50's or older, Experienced single Captain 71 yrs. young. This is a well found vessel that had a complete refit in the Spring of 2012, Vessel presently on the hard in Patchogue L.I., I will leave Fla. by car at end of May, prep the boat and prepare to leave sometime in June with stops in New England and the Chesapeake Bay, final destination is the Tampa Bay area. Looking for non smoker, drug free personable female, experience level not important and little or no financial input expected. Captain happy to provide references and any personal info desired to insure crew safety. Safe route to Fla. dictated by weather. please contact wsloan908@gmail.com thanks Bill
Old 26-04-2013, 10:38   #2

Re: Long Island to Florida

If you don't find that female, and still need crew, I'm available for extended sailing. Retired military (age 65), non-smoker, drug-free, ASA-104 certified. I've worked as crew on deliveries through the Chesapeake and have stood night watches in poor weather. Like I said, if you don't find that crewperson you're looking for, let me know.
Old 27-04-2013, 20:58   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to GYPSEY59 Send a message via Skype™ to GYPSEY59

Bill, I am interested in sailing aboard but will not be available until mid June. Live in NJ, just got back from 10 week sail from Panama to Mexico and have a current commitment until June 3rd. I just turned 60 and have done the Carrib 1,500, crossed the Atlantic and Pacific both on private sailboats. Let me know if you still need crew. Thanks, Brenda
Old 28-04-2013, 04:31   #4

Boat: 31' Island Packet

Brenda: Your dates should work o.k. as I am a bit loose and flexible on the schedule. I am leaving Fla. for an impromptu drive up to Boston, then L.I., then Pa. (visiting both my daughters, then checking boat) driving thru N.J., give me a call in the next couple days as I plan on leaving this Thurs early a.m., email me at wsloan908@gmail.com and I will give you contact info for me. I can give you a lot more info. re the boat etc. Thanks Bill S/V "Resolute"

Tags
florida