Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 02:41   #46

Boat: Van de Stadt 50'
Send a message via Skype™ to sy_gilana
Re: Long Term Cruising Partnership - Not Just Crew

Hello Donomoore. Ours sincere condolences for the loss of your mother. The inevitability of death is no comfort for the feeling of loss. We will send you a private message and transfer this discussion to private emails. The most important attribute we are looking for is compatibility, we will discuss this at length.
Old 07-10-2012, 18:54   #47

Hi, Fascinated by your blog thread and website.
Wanted to send a word of encouragment, There is a real kindness and an open spirit in your words, Awesome.
We are not quite ready to join, however we have similar plans but in Sth Pacific through to SE Asia.
Thinking of purchasing a 40' (ish) cat with 3 owners and sharing the adventure though individual time frames, one owner at a time. we have 2 'owners', need one more, can buy boat and drop lines.
I have my RYA yachtmaster offshore qualification, STCW certificates.
If my plans fall through, we might just give you a call.
kind regards
Pete
Old 08-10-2012, 12:58   #48

Hi Pete. Thank you for your kind words. We have been very fortunate.
We will be getting across to the Pacific in late 2013, if not just staging in the San Blas. We wish you well in finding the 3rd party. Thank you too for recognizing what we hope is an "Open Spirit" We have changed so much from our previous corporate lifestyle, it took years to "spin down" the flywheel, and the ocean has taught us so much, and has so much more to offer. Our love of nature and the cruising folk we have met have been the reason we want to keep on going.

All the best to you and hope to see you out there soon.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:26   #49

We would just like to thank the Cruisers Forum and all who have read this thread and commented. We have met some wonderful people who are already friends. We look forward to sharing this wonderful lifestyle with them over the next few months.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:49   #50

goodday, were are you looking for crew from gibralter to st.lucia. or shall i type approz when? i have some bluwater on 65ketch and other smaller sailcraft. also have PADI certification to buy air if required and own scuba gear for repairs/fishing etc, i would consider at around 500usd/month my cobtribution to food/fuel etc, reply if serious
Old 04-12-2012, 04:06   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomend View Post
goodday, were are you looking for crew from gibralter to st.lucia. or shall i type approz when? i have some bluwater on 65ketch and other smaller sailcraft. also have PADI certification to buy air if required and own scuba gear for repairs/fishing etc, i would consider at around 500usd/month my cobtribution to food/fuel etc, reply if serious
can also line up some 20 somethings if you want to turn the wheel for 2k.month
Old 04-12-2012, 04:45   #52

Hi, BE. Not sure I understand you fully, PM sent.
Old 22-01-2013, 02:15   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy_gilana View Post
At this point this is merely an idea. It all depends on if we find the "right" people. We started cruising in 1998 and were a family of 5, Grandma, Mom, Dad, Daughter and our dog. Our daughter has flown the coop, Granny and the dog have passed away. We still want to do many more miles, but it seems such a waste with just the two of us. We calculate that the cost of cruising with 4 is slightly more expensive than with 2. The concept is shared costs, for shared boat. Ideally two people in a stable relationship is what we would like to find. We will not just take the first people we stumble upon. As this is a longer term arrangement, starting at a two year horizon, it is imperative that we get along extremely well. This will be subject to scrutiny.
For an idea of who we are and what Gilana is like, please look at our web page (slightly out of date) by googling "GILANA" the first response should be ours.
sy_gilana,
I wish to be there with you.I am young 52 ,I have Certificate of competence for operators of pleasure craft and short range radio operators ,but no experience at all.!And I am engineer about electric and mecanic.My wife and me we love Cruising and planing to have our own.But she can't live my doughter right now, because she is early 17 and goinh high scholl and have one lovely dog ( GoldenRetriever ).So I need expreinence for a buy our boat.
I wrote al your writen.I wish you will find some one soon.
Best regars and good luck.
atimayo(ad)hotmaildotcom

Tags
crew, partnership