Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-09-2015, 19:22   #1

Boat: 2012 Leopard 44
Looking For 1 or 2 Crew From Trinidad to ABC's

We are beginning the process of finding the right crew members for all or part of this next sailing season as we prepare to splash the boat in early December from where she lays on the hard in Trinidad. We are looking specifically for travelers that can spend an extended time on the boat with a minimum amount of time aboard at least 5 weeks.

The positions that we are needing filled are deck hands/cooks/general maintenance. Experience is always a plus and a willingness to learn and to help-out in all aspects of maintaining and sailing a boat goes a long way. Crew will be expected to pay for every aspect of their own travel and entertainment in addition to some shared boat related expenses.

We are looking for 1 male or a male/female couple between the ages of 25 to 40 to share our boat that includes my wife and I and at least one of our sons. You will have your own private cabin aboard a fully equipped 4 cabin catamaran that includes air conditioning (for when docked at the marina), a watermaker, lots of solar, and updated electronics. I will PM website addresses and our YouTube channel upon request.

With the boat on the hard in Trinidad for the hurricane season, I will be going there early November to do a few maintenance related tasks before splashing in December and am looking for help with this while we live on the hard during that time.

From Trinidad, we will be heading back to Grenada to stage for the trip to the ABC's - so potential candidates will need to be able to complete a 4 day passage pretty soon into the adventure. From the ABC's, we will be going to Columbia where we plan to tour that country for quite awhile. The ending of the season will probably be in Panama before the next hurricane season arrives. This could be your adventure of a lifetime.
Old 21-09-2015, 01:25   #2

Boat: MARTIN 32
Re: Looking For 1 or 2 Crew From Trinidad to ABC's

Hola,
Resume: We completed a 6 day voyage from Aruba to Bocas Del Toro in Dec-Jan 2015 on a 64ft ketch for ~850 nmiles. I am 56, have additional experience racing 30ft Martin J-class boats in the PacificNW, Astoria, Columbia River for two years. My wife Eve, 54, is an experienced cook and novice deck hand but we both know our way around a sailboat. We would cover our to-from air travel expenses. If this sound like what you are looking for a crew, please let us know, when and where you will actually be in Trinidad. We have our own equip. and foulies; two duffles.
We can attach our photo of us at the Bocas Marina, Panama. We have US passports, are fluent in Spanish, no time constraints, perfect health, use no drugs, and very amicable people who love sailing. My Cruiser forum member acct. is Rosebud1.
Thanks for your consideration
Marco y Eva Rossmiller
mrossmiller(at)gmail.com
Old 01-10-2015, 23:36   #3

Boat: 2012 Leopard 44

Thanks for your reply, I sent you a PM.

And for others interested, we will be heading to the ABC's first, but this next season we plan on visiting Columbia and the San Blas islands too before storing the boat in Panama for the next hurricane season.
Old 18-10-2015, 18:07   #4

Hello! Interested in your voyage! PM sent!
Old 01-11-2015, 14:35   #5

What is the pay?

Tags
crew