Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 09:21   #16

Boat: Norm Cross 28 Tri, Hobie Miracle 20, Hobie trifoiler, Condor-40
Re: Looking for a Captain

GG. I've done the trip Louisiana to Miami and it was quite enjoyable. However depending on route you may traverse the northern gulf oil fields which are nasty at night with lots of oil rigs and service ships. Also there are several safety fairways cross crossing the gulf that you want to avoid the intersections as the large ships converge quickly. Otherwise wind tends to be on the nose this route but landfall in boca grande makes it all worth while. Have a great trip. If you have questions you can email me at Chrislaletin "at" mac "dot" com
Old 04-06-2014, 10:39   #17

Nice looking vessel all the best in your travels~!
Old 04-06-2014, 19:35   #18

I though I was doing a fellow captain a favor when I recommended him for a skipper's position on a hermaphrodite brigantine schooner that was halfway through a world cruise. He came aboard, toured the vessel, and was interviewed by the owner who eventually offered him the position. Everything seemed very amicable. He said he would get back to her the next day. On the launch ride ashore, I asked him if he was going to accept the position. His deadpan reply was classic, "No. My tool box isn't big enough."

Bottomline: The owner thought they were doing the interviewing, when it was really the other way around.