Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 20:05   #1

Boat: Custom Gartside 36
Looking for crew (Hawaii to South Pacific)

Hi,

I am looking for one crew member to join me on my sail from Hawaii to F. Polynesia, leaving Sep 1.

I am a 26 year old US/Canadian citizen, formerly a marine systems engineer living in Victoria BC. I am very easy going and patient. I am planing on departing Hawaii early september for a transit down to french polynesia, where I will stay until cyclone season starts.

The boat is a 1978 27' aluminum sloop with lots of offshore miles. She is well equipped with a full set of modern electronics. She is very small but very sturdy and has brought me to Hawaii from Victoria via SF.

I am looking for a adventurous person to share my dream of sailing the world. You can come join me for one leg or for them all, if we really hit it off. Costs will include travel to and from the boat, and half of food costs. (I am on a budget and will sailing as cheaply as possible). Sailing experience or some sea time is preferred, although I am willing to teach the right person.

Let me know if you are interested and we can discuss more on the phone or over skype.

Also, check out the blog I kept on the journey from Victoria (I am the dark haired guy) The Adventures of Bonne Femme | by Westerly Wampold and Gumboot Gaelen

Cheers,
Old 18-08-2013, 13:42   #2

Re: Looking for crew (Hawaii to South Pacific)

Hello, Im Ted and I am currently in Kauai looking for a sailing opportunity. Like yourself I am very easygoing and love the sea. I am also an ex Navy man plus years of sailing experience but I am not a skipper. I can learn quickly and follow your direction. I am fit and ready sail asap out of Hawaiian islands. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks!
Old 19-08-2013, 15:36   #3

hey Zaffadill, im interested in chatting with you but I don't see your email on your blog or profile can you post it?
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaffadill View Post
Hi,

I am looking for one crew member to join me on my sail from Hawaii to F. Polynesia, leaving Sep 1.

I am a 26 year old US/Canadian citizen, formerly a marine systems engineer living in Victoria BC. I am very easy going and patient. I am planing on departing Hawaii early september for a transit down to french polynesia, where I will stay until cyclone season starts.

The boat is a 1978 27' aluminum sloop with lots of offshore miles. She is well equipped with a full set of modern electronics. She is very small but very sturdy and has brought me to Hawaii from Victoria via SF.

I am looking for a adventurous person to share my dream of sailing the world. You can come join me for one leg or for them all, if we really hit it off. Costs will include travel to and from the boat, and half of food costs. (I am on a budget and will sailing as cheaply as possible). Sailing experience or some sea time is preferred, although I am willing to teach the right person.

Let me know if you are interested and we can discuss more on the phone or over skype.

Also, check out the blog I kept on the journey from Victoria (I am the dark haired guy) The Adventures of Bonne Femme | by Westerly Wampold and Gumboot Gaelen

Cheers,
Old 19-08-2013, 16:58   #4

Hi Zaff,

I would be interested in chatting. My name is Mark and I'm 25, easygoing. I'll be in San Francisco early sept on a boat delivery from Seattle but could be convinced to continue westward and meet up with you for a leg or two if you are still looking. I have racing/cruising/nav experience. Please get in touch, 289-442-0365, mostapiak@gmail.com

Tags
crew, hawaii, south pacific