Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-07-2009, 06:00   #1

Boat: Bruce Roberts Spray, 36' Steel Junk-Rigged Schooner
pirate Looking for Crew, No Experience Required

Looking for a crew for 27' Yacht from South Chesapeake, VA, to Azores, Morocco/Portugal/France (final dedestination not decided yet, and is therefore negotiable).
Cost $600 if you just want to join me before departure for the voyage (food included, buy you own booze! ;P) which will be around October this year.
Or you can join me in 4 weeks time and help fit her out ready for sailing and just share expenses (Slip fee's - $150 each/month, + food & drink).
There are 2 Marina's I'm looking at at the moment, both have, or are near, bars, restaurants and the beach.
Must have necessary visas and shots etc.
Would suit young (20-30), fit person, male or female, looking for adventure and/or experience with yacht maintence and sailing skills. Or just someone that just wants to get a trip to Europe or Morocco for cheaper than a flight! (slower, but far more fun!).
I have almost 2000nm sailing experience, and 3 years experience as a chef so you'll eat well!
I'm a smoker, but if you don't smoke, I'm willing to only smoke in the cockpit.
A work hard/party hard attitude and optomistic outlook are essential!!
Mesage me for more detail/questions.
Old 28-07-2009, 03:35   #2

Boat: Bruce Roberts Spray, 36' Steel Junk-Rigged Schooner
I already have 2 applicants, so this offer will end on the 10th of August and I will choose 1 person then. Please feel free to apply before then if your interested.
Cheers.