Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-07-2014, 16:01   #46

Boat: Catalina 36, Mk I
Re: Looking For Sailing Partner,

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryon View Post
Wait a minute! ... San Diego,.. adventurous in the Italian 16th century sense of the word,.. building it for the next couple of years,...

How many babes do you expect to take with you? No way are you going to singlehand this monster, It'll take at least 15-20 crew just to get her out of the harbor.

San Salvador San Diego Build-site - Maritime Museum of San Diego
Been watching them build that thing for a while. What a cool boat! I drive that way for work about twice a week and there always seems to be something new done to it.
Old 18-07-2014, 18:19   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamayun View Post
He's still single because he has an unusual lifestyle, knows exactly what he wants, is true to what he considers deal-killers in a relationship, and is probably smarter than the average bird, which likely means most people annoy him with the petty **** that goes on in their mundane lives and few people will meet his criteria. But it's better to be single than to live a lie. Of course, he's 52 and looking for a "young" chick (35-45, right?). So he's got a bit of vanity, too. We can't all be perfect. Anyway, good luck to you, RobWilk, and ignore the trolls. It keeps a post like this interesting.
Has anyone here seen the Moxie Marlinspike movie "Hold Fast" on YouTube? Recommended!

Sounds sorta like this guy. I think he's an inspiration. And seriously, I would love to learn how to live very comfortably 10 miles from the beach in SoCal for less than $5K.
Old 18-07-2014, 18:34   #48
cruiser

You get a tent. And you forget about talking to any of the women I know.
Old 18-07-2014, 18:49   #49

Boat: Alden auxiliary ketch 48'

Or a van down by the river.
Old 18-07-2014, 20:22   #50

Boat: yorktown custom 40' cutter

seriously guys, you've been registered users for a few months and you've already out-posted me by a factor of 5, and ive been here since 2011. how sad are your lives that you have all this time to troll this forum? come outside with the three-dimensionals for a while, its really nice out here.

ryon, if youre close to san diego, and you know something about boatbuilding, send me a pm with your contact info. I could use another pair of knowledgeable eyes on this project... the beers on me

and now for something completely different (hopefully)...
Old 18-07-2014, 20:26   #51
cruiser

Well, some of us don't have to walk to the library to post on the forum. That saves a lot of time. And you can post when the library's closed.

P.S. To be true to your views, a computer is a fairly materialistic thing to own. And some of the women here would probably notice that contradiction. Not all, to be sure, but you were already cutting your numbers way down.
Old 18-07-2014, 20:49   #52
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

So much humor I chuckled again and again.

Rob I sincerely wish you luck in your pursuit of dream of sailing your boat and finding your vege mermaid.

Just remember that a good sense of humor is said to be one of the things most women appreciate in a man, that is, the ability to make them laugh.

Bumping this thread to help a sailor in his search for compatible crew.
Old 18-07-2014, 20:54   #53

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49

Rob, the way you have held your cool is admirable. People's responses here, particularly the petty jibes and insults that are thinly veiled as humour, are a good indication of character. I chuckled at a few, but was turned off by many.

If I was single (and slightly younger ) I would be very tempted to meet you. If you are prepared to relax your specifications to exclude butt kicking, I bet there are lots of other lasses that would fit most of your criteria.

Hope to catch up with you on the water sometime. Good luck with your boatbuilding and search .

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Old 18-07-2014, 21:41   #54

Boat: yorktown custom 40' cutter

well thanks, but I like it when my significant other is better than me at something I think im good at. keeps my ego in check and helps me learn. once had my ass absolutely handed to me by a girl half my age (and half my weight) in a racquetball tournament I was top seed in. the reality check did me wonders...

thanks for the movie reference. my kind of people right up to beating fish to death with a winch handle scene. that's where we parted company.

and the Dinesen quote is written in sharpie dead center of my new ring frame. opposite "behold, the power of the wind".
Old 18-07-2014, 23:10   #55

Boat: Alden auxiliary ketch 48'

A few humorous posts among the many I have placed here take very little time. I have also noticed that folks can be quite pointed on this forum. It took a bit of time to get used to that. It's one thing to read about someone else getting chucked around a bit and getting the business yourself. Good luck.
Old 19-07-2014, 04:51   #56
Armchair Bucketeer

Welcome to the internet.

Posted from my Nexus 5 - whilst taking a dump.
Old 22-07-2014, 14:21   #57

Send a message via Skype™ to Oceanne

Nice description, any pitcures ?
Old 28-07-2014, 17:11   #58

Boat: First 45f5

Good heaven angie
i wish you good luck, a how many vo race girl
Old 28-07-2014, 20:20   #59

Boat: hunter 376

I find the OPs post kind of honest and refreshingly to the point. It does fly in the face of the "opposites attract" theory though, and I hope the OP finds a good Christian lady, who Bar-B-Ques the best bourbon ribs, and has a closet full of shoes, and has a heart as big as Texas. My wife is just like that, and she sails too, bless her meat-eating, shoe-collecting, shopping-is-my-life attitude.
Old 28-07-2014, 23:04   #60
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

Once again now, posts have been deleted. Some for just being snarky and some for quoting the snarky ones. If you cannot say things in a respectful and civil way, don't say 'em.

Coops.

Tags
sailing, sail