Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 11:28   #1

Looking for Summer Work

Hello

I stumbled across this forum while checking out a few crew sites and figured I would post this up. I currently have a great job but during the summer things are super slow and I usually end up being really bored. I used to live in Ft Lauderdale by the 17th causeway and always talked to the crews coming in off the mega yachts and have always wanted to do this sort of thing.

I am a 26 year old male with a BS from UF and have very little experience on a boat minus going out on my parents small 32' cabin cruiser and spending summers with friends and a wakeboard boat. I am looking to spend a month or two doing whatever I can on a boat and hopefully making a little money. I currently have a long term gf looking for the same kind of work since she teaches kindergarden and has the summers off and we would both be willing to help if needed.

I would be up for going on short trips to learn as I have a very flexible schedule and obviously wouldn't expect any sort of pay minus the experience.

Again, very little experience but would love to learn and help and live in downtown West Palm Beach, Fl

Thanks
Patrick
Old 03-04-2009, 14:33   #2
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold
Hello, Patrick, and welcome to the Forum. Hope you find a ride!

p.s. Go 'Noles!
Old 29-04-2009, 12:07   #3

Thanks for the welcome Hud! Sorry, I have been so busy lately that I haven't had a ton of time to check this out. I received a PM from a new member here about a trip across the Atlantic on a 44'. I asked for more details on it today but at this point all I know is all my expenses would be taken care of and I would have to pay for my plane ticket back to the states.

Now I would love to do this for the experience but is this normal? Like I said I have no experience so I understand the no pay but between that and the ticket home I just don't know. Is this normal/good opp?

Thanks and I don't mean to disrespect the person who PM'ed me and I really appreciate the opportunity but just want to get a little more info on the subject.

Thanks

Oh, who are the Noles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud3 View Post
Hello, Patrick, and welcome to the Forum. Hope you find a ride!

p.s. Go 'Noles!
Old 29-04-2009, 12:17   #4

Boat: Catalina 27 Tainui
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGators View Post
Thanks for the welcome Hud! Sorry, I have been so busy lately that I haven't had a ton of time to check this out. I received a PM from a new member here about a trip across the Atlantic on a 44'. I asked for more details on it today but at this point all I know is all my expenses would be taken care of and I would have to pay for my plane ticket back to the states.

Now I would love to do this for the experience but is this normal? Like I said I have no experience so I understand the no pay but between that and the ticket home I just don't know. Is this normal/good opp?

Thanks and I don't mean to disrespect the person who PM'ed me and I really appreciate the opportunity but just want to get a little more info on the subject.

Thanks

Oh, who are the Noles
Oh .... let's take a wild stab at it. Hmmm could those Noles be part time? Maybe Semi Noles?
Old 30-04-2009, 09:16   #5

Boat: 1990 Macintosh 47, "Merlin"
Well, I was going to offer you AND your girlfriend summer jobs at $50 an hour for a minimum of 40 hours, and an offer to LIVE on the boat at my expense, until the "Nole" jab.

JK of course - I'm in a mixed marriage. Wife, who is a PE Teacher, is a Gator, and I'm a Seminole.
Old 02-05-2009, 14:45   #6

Oh, yea I do remember hearing there is a little school up there and if I'm not mistaken they have a football team, don't they

bstreep - haha Jealousy is a bad thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstreep View Post
Well, I was going to offer you AND your girlfriend summer jobs at $50 an hour for a minimum of 40 hours, and an offer to LIVE on the boat at my expense, until the "Nole" jab.

JK of course - I'm in a mixed marriage. Wife, who is a PE Teacher, is a Gator, and I'm a Seminole.