Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-10-2014, 00:21   #1

Boat: Buying one
LOOKING To Learn Brisbane Australia

Hi there I'm a 55 years young male looking to gain some sailing experience & join a yacht club in the Brisbane Australia area.
I have spent my entire working life at sea and have excellent seamanship & navigation skills albeit a bit of a failure when comes to engine knowledge.

If you have a place for me on weekend cruises or club racing or know of how I can get some experience please email me pmspice@gmail.com or pm me.

I am still employed in the marine industry and fly in fly out to work, at home in Brisbane 3 weeks at a time then away for 3 weeks.

Any suggestions would be most welcome

Thanks
Old 28-10-2014, 21:24   #2

Re: LOOKING To Learn Brisbane Australia

go visit some of the guys at Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron and get involved with them. I come from Brisbane and was a member there from 1964 until about 2000 when I decided the membership was never being used and I was paying for something I wasn't able to use.

I know the Commodore there (Kevin Miller) and he may be able to get you involved. Mention my name Tony Power - he may be able to get you involved.

Cheers

Tags
Australia, brisbane