Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 03:16   #1

Louisiades crew -lots of local knowledge/experience

Hi,

If you want to go to the Louisiades this season I am keen and might be the most knowledgeable/experienced "crew" member available in this particular area.

I have already spent three consecutive seasons 2010 through to 2012 sailing in the Louisiades and as far north as New Hanover - about seven months in total PNG sailing.

Additional I have crewed many trips up and down the east coast of OZ, mostly Great Barrier Reef over the last four years. January through March this year I sailed from Perth to Melbourne and then circumnavigated Tasmania.

In total I have spent about 15 months at sea and sailed about 12 000 miles. Also I have over 750 hours yacht racing inshore/offshore out of RPAYC Pittwater, Sydney.

Apart from sailing duties I like to do some cooking, lots of fishing, help with maintenance and follow your instructions to the best of my ability.

I feel I can get along with a wide variety of people and learn lots from each journey. Most skippers have invited me back for additional crewing and some delivery work.

I am also available to do other crewing and would really like to do a trans Pacific trip sometime soon.

Look forward to answering any questions.

Thanks,
Anthony.
Old 18-04-2013, 03:14   #2

Boat: Lagoon 440
Send a message via Skype™ to Tigerfish
Re: Louisiades crew -lots of local knowledge/experience

Anthony, we're in Sydney Harbour at the moment and heading to Pittwater next week. Would be interested in having a chat......
Old 18-04-2013, 04:30   #3

Hi Tigerfish,

Was in the Louisiades last year on a lovely 41ft Hans Christian and again this year for a cicumnavigation of Tassie- great boat.

If you would like to have a chat you can contact me on phone # zero four five one 120 five five 3.

Thanks,
Anthony.
Old 07-05-2013, 17:00   #4

Hi.

Just got back from delivery Hobart to Sydney trip started out with winds 45 to 55 knots with a gust seen at 68 knots, thankfully inshore waiting to get through the Dunalley Canal.

On the third day winds had calmed to a steady 15 to 20 knots on the beam and we enjoyed some of the best sailing I have experienced for most of the rest of the trip on gentle flat seas.

Caught about a dozen small flathead and one bluefin tuna which made very tasty sashimi.

Great trip, great boat and excellent skipper - invited back.

Still racing, currently my favorite series "Lion Island"... four races Newport to Lion Island and return all inshore Pittwater.

Still keen for the Louisiades.

Kind regards,
Anthony.
Old 03-06-2013, 22:29   #5

Race Transpac, compete with all the amenities of a great French Cruiser, along with a Japanese Gourmet Chef/Skipper. Starts July 8. Need crew on board July 1rst. This is a 10-13 day voyage to the beautiful Aloha Party in Honolulu, Hawaii. Pay your expenses, we will provision only. sailing dot aquarius at gmail dot com. Janet & Hiro
Old 04-06-2013, 00:17   #6

Thanks for the offer. email sent.
Old 23-06-2013, 23:06   #7

Bump... still looking to crew to Louisiades this year. Might have next year sorted returning with the skipper and his wife from the 2012 trip...

Anyone looking for advice on what to expect up there ie, trade goods, medical, fuel, supplies etc happy to help.

Tags
crew