Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2013, 10:14   #1

Lower keys of florida

Looking for day crew for sailing in lower keys of florida near key west.
Thank you for your interest
tropicstar
Old 15-05-2013, 14:33   #2

Re: Lower keys of florida

Hi, I live in Fort Lauderdale and would be willing to drive to the keys from time to time and sail. I hold several ASA certifications and have been sailing for 5 years. If you need crew email me through the site. Thanks! -Nick
Old 21-05-2013, 18:49   #3

Tropicstar,
I posted this today in the meet & greet forum as I am new to here as of today. How do I contact you directly, you show as "guest" - so I am unable to message you.
See a copy of my post below or this link may work:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...el-104186.html

//

Available Now To Sail BVI/Keys/Caribean, 5-23 to 5-29. Airline Pilot. Will Travel..!

Hi group! I just joined now/today! I am so very pleased to meet you and find this board! I have vacation now.

I had looked at Footloose charters in Tortola, BVI. But no joy for me. First, they don't rent to a solo traveler and sailor. Second, well that $89/day online price quote just wasn't true and yes, I'm on a super tiny budget.

BTW, 23years of flying, 10 in Alaska & I am just at the 'Regional Airlines' which equals no dough/$ "yet". But mostly just previous life choices/curve balls. All I really have to show for it though is a lot of my own flying adventure stories to tell though! ( & my life too! )

I am willing to meet up and help crew. I will check out the listings here next. Any other crew needed website refereals appreciated!

I have a lot of inland experience from 48 foot A scows (MYC) to keeled yatchs (WYC) since high school / youth. I was off the water for some time while in Alaska flying from '98 to 2008. However, I have sailed a number of times back at my pops place on Lake Minnetonka since back in the Lower 48. That's where his boats are. I even crewed in C scow races in recent years. Amazing how fast it comes back.

I may go to either or both Key West and or BVI just to walk the marina's and check out the bare boat charter operators. Any very affordable, less than ~$50/day, housing referals that are clean and affordable for single guy, on land or water are greatly appreciated. I am not afraid of boat work on my vacation, nor "work to learn" something new. I can get most anywhere for zero $.

I would love to learn the area and skipper small non-sailor groups that I conjour up in my travels and such if you have a boat or know of a line on an outfit that allows such (commercial) things.

Please shout out what you know to me & I'll scout it out!

Thanks!!

- Eric Boyd, in Phoenix, AZ today.

Private message ok! Forum message ok! Direct email ok! ( PMs enabled for public )
Old 22-05-2013, 06:48   #4
Em1

I am up just south of Tampa but have private aircraft to get down that way. Relatively new to sailing, I do have the navigation skills of a pilot and have completed the American Sailing Association 101 and 103 courses in a 31' Hunter.

Email me here on the site and we can coordinate.
Old 22-05-2013, 14:52   #5

Hi Em1!

Sounds excellent so far, Some flying would fun too if its practical or helps. Nearly 1/2 of my 6500+ hours flying is an Instructor Pilot, all civilian. ( = lots of patience )

Do the dates work & if so which & when?

If I leave today, or tomorrow what's the best big airport to go into? Then after that,what is the best small or satellite airport (with connecting scheduled airline service) to get me into position asap to sail or fly with you and then sail?

Feel free to call direct, email, text, or PM me here. I think all the info you need is in my public profile. I have the thread tagged for alerts to my phone too.

Fly! Fly! Fly!
Sail! Sail! Sail!

Eric Boyd

PM=Private Message, this message board system says it results in revealing your actual email.
Old 06-06-2013, 21:47   #6

I lived in Key west 15 years, I started Key West Sailing Club, and the Lauderdale-Key West race, I was always on my several sailboats , Hawk Channel and gulf. I know the keys well, and have extensive offshore experience singlehanding small sailboats to Panama from Long Island sound, I hope I can help. thanks

Tags
florida