Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2013, 17:22   #1

Male, 32, Semi Experienced. South East Asia

Hi All
My Name is Bob, I am male and 32 years old. I am currently in Thailand/S.E.A. and am looking for positions on board boats going anywhere from here. At the moment I am doing my SSI level 2 instructor rating for Free diving on Koh Tao and will be finished by mid to late January 2014.
I am a licensed aircraft engineer by trade and for the past 10 years was responsible for the safe operation and flight of up to 7 Boeing 737 aircraft which gave me a fairly good idea of what responsibility is and the role it plays in the safety of the people who rely on me to do my job correctly.
Thought I have no formal qualifications I have been on and around boats most of my life. I have extensive experience in rewiring cruising yachts and motor boats of various sizes, having completely rewired and re-engined 3 from the ground up. I have experience in handling boats but would not consider my self competent to sail a boat correctly, only to operate it under power. The single longest sea journey I have made was bringing a boat across the irish sea from Portsmouth to Cork (about 48 hours). I have had many coastal trips. I have a basic understanding of navigation and I am relatively competent int eh operation of marine electronics.
I have traveled a lot in my life (43 countries at last count) and have been involved in many adventures (I drove a classic Fiat Panda from Italy to Mongolia via Iran for fun and also drove an auto rickshaw (tuk tuk) the entire length of the India subcontinent, again just for the craic).
I am Irish and have an Irish passport.
I do not smoke.
I do drink but can go without.
I read as much as I can.
I like photography and can handle a camera pretty well.
I enjoy conversation and the art of verbal chess and I like to be physically active.
I speak English, I speak a very small amount of French and Italian.
If you think you could use me on your boat I will be more than happy to talk to you.
Thanks for reading.
b
Old 25-12-2013, 15:45   #2

Boat: aluminium twin keel, Laurent Giles, 62 foot
Hi Bob, send me a pm if you would like to crew in the Med from April onwards.

Tags
Asia, enc