Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2015, 15:52   #1

mature female available ...

(ah, ha! made you click)

… assist on a sailboat for a passage or two in the Caribbean during the first 3 weeks in January 2016.

I will fly myself to the destination, you feed me. I am seeking any location North and East of the Panama Canal.

I am seeking some blue water experience as a prelude to my upcoming retirement.

PM me with your details. I will provide my details to skippers demonstrating a need for crew.

C
Old 05-01-2016, 07:02   #2
mgg

Boat: Niagara 35 - Grey Haven
Re: mature female available ...

I've not been on the site for a while. I mostly sail solo but don't mind some company and an additional hand at the helm on transits over 20 hours. Boat is now in Luperon, DR and I am finishing some work in Toronto. Headed south end of January. Your indicated schedule rules out joining me now but keep it in mind. I plan to sail the Virgins in March and then down to Trinidad by end of April.
Mike
Old 15-01-2016, 10:36   #3
PDP

Hi Yahtzee or is it Yachtsea ?

I've never posted on this sit, e but having just read your post I decided to step out of the Sailor's closet so to speak and post something. ...

But first priority : Not Caribbean based myself I hope that you found your Caribbean adventure and (now that its January) you are happily sailing somewhere in the BVIs or similar.

I was somewhat curious after reading your post so i took a look at your profile and it prompted a thought after reading your longer term plans.

Once you are in fact retired, I have an interesting idea that might just fit into your plans as a follow-up adventure:

I decided last year decided after being sort of semi-retired for the last few years (my 3 daughters will contend that I was born semi-retired ...) to make one of my biggest hobbies sailing into a business.

The business will be offering classic IOR 1/4 ton racers ( 7 1/2 to 8 meter classic small IOR ocean racers from the 70's and 80's for bareboat charter or with a captain for some sailing lessons in the Netherlands and eventually also in Slovenia and possibly Ireland.

I have assembled 4 x IOR Quarter Tonners:

Waarschip 725 ( Lovely mahogany ply on oak Dutch classic 1/4 ton Europe RACER/CRUISER)
Eygthene 24 ( Ron Hollands first really successful design which won Cowes week and another WK in the mid 70's)
Trapper 300 ( Bruce Kirby of Laser fame design)
Robber 3E ( a pretty radical 70's tricked out racer 8 mtr x 3.1 mtr by 1.7 meter)

In the last 5 years I playing around with some small business opportunities after a career in high-tech sales management stateside and for the last 20 years in Holland. I have sailed (lost of coastal, some passages and more than bit of racing) since my teen age years in the late 60's and have over the years owned more than 10 sailboats from 6 meters to 12 meters wood, plastic and steel...

I just assembled 4 x classic 1/4 tonners and am launching my business in the Spring. Just thought you might be interested in coming over some time and crewing and helping out a bit with the launch of the business in March/early April of this year and you would be welcome to stay on one of the boats for a few weeks and glad to cook you some dinners as well.

Anything else as to any possible business or social plans clearly TBD and NSA, just a fun invite to a fellow Maple Leaf Sailor or is it a Sailoresse haha..no i think Sailor should by not gender specific...

if this is of any possible just send my a PM at pauldeporte@gmail.com and Ill send you pictures (of the boats of course may slip in one of me as well..)

In any case have fun and fair winds.

Best regards,

Paul in Holland

PS: Anyone else on the forum reading this post be you a Sailor, Sailoresse or a couple of these in any combination and having interest/thoughts/dreams in getting involved in some way with my venture ( or for that matter finding out about the possibility of hiring out one of my boats ...of course I am planning a business !!) please feel free to send me a PM at my personal email: pauldeporte@gmail.com

Website for the business si cuurnetly a "work in progresss" but should emerge in a month or two in the name of Spindrift Classic Sail Charters based in Brouwershaven Zeeland, Zuid-Holland, Nederland
Old 15-01-2016, 14:36   #4

Boat: 1974 Gulf Star MS53 Motor/Sailer

I'm in Ft. Lauderdale FL moving my boat single handed towards New Orleans .... could use a hand, where are you located? Jonathon (985) 237 2323
Old 15-01-2016, 17:59   #5

Hello yahyzee,

My name is Bruce Holder. I'm located in Hidden Harbor, Ruskin, Fl. 33570.
I'm retired so I'm planning just a nice slow trip with no restrictions on time or destination. If you have a place you"d like to visit, just say so.

For a video of My boat please go to youtube and search for catamaran Blue Bayou V.
The boat is a 2004 44' Lagoon Catamaran, I bought her in St Maarten in June 2015. Some friends and I brought her to St Petertburg, Fl. for a haulout to do some improvements. She was up for two months. She has a 55 gph water-maker, generator, new washer/dryer, two counter top refrigerators and one counter top freezer., three burner stove, new 48 mile radar w/AIS, IR camera plus a grounding system to help guard against lighting strikes. She also has an auto pilot so time at the helm will be minimal while on watch. She's an owners version with three cabins with heads.

If your interested, please contact me,

Bruce Holder
239-231-8676 or baholder@aol.com
Old 16-01-2016, 15:09   #6

Paul in Holland,

Just ready your post and ... well ... I wasn't planning on a second career. Let me think about your business venture.

Bruce,

Please check your AOL account. Subject: sailing

Thank you all for your responses.

Connie
Old 16-01-2016, 16:58   #7

Boat: Beneteau First, 345

We are leaving in the next week or so... Puerto Rico to Key West Florida... If interested PM us.

Thanks,

R & S

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahtzee View Post
(ah, ha! made you click)

… assist on a sailboat for a passage or two in the Caribbean during the first 3 weeks in January 2016.

I will fly myself to the destination, you feed me. I am seeking any location North and East of the Panama Canal.

I am seeking some blue water experience as a prelude to my upcoming retirement.

PM me with your details. I will provide my details to skippers demonstrating a need for crew.

C
Old 18-01-2016, 13:27   #8

Greetings
If you would be interested in crewing with 3 others for a trip from carabelle to the keys in the next few days please contact me. It should be fun and safe for all
Thank you
QC

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum