Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2014, 13:03   #1

Boat: Cal-Jensen 34 w Yanmar 3
Send a message via Skype™ to sonAdmiralson
Montego Bay, Jamaica, to St Maartin, then Antigua soon

Need one good sailor to share a delivery from Jamaica, sailing across the Caribbean sea to the S American Coast passing through St Maartin, perhaps Bonaire or Isla Marguetita then heading north for the leg to Antigua. You will be sharing the trip with a lifelong British sailor, 73, who will stand watches and help you sail and navigate. Based on the age of the gentleman, you will be doing most of the jumping around on deck, preferably tethered to a lifeline after doing a few MOB drills. You can review the details of the boat in the carribean craigslist under Glander Tavana, or also look it up on sailboatlistings.com shes a proven safe boat with no mechanical issues. I am the owner, and can consult with you regarding specifics of the boat if you like. This can be a paid position depending on what you bring to the table, not huge pay but Im sure your stay in Antigua will inevitably lead to another crew position should you wish, at this time of year the season is just starting out and Antigua is a great place to end up. If you are close to a major airport in the eastern US then your flight to Mobay will be very cheap.. Im sure you can expect to be there within a few weeks
Old 05-11-2014, 13:37   #2

Re: Montego Bay, Jamaica, to St Maartin, then Antigua soon

I haved PM'd you
Old 05-11-2014, 21:19   #3

Boat: Pearson Ariel 26

Hi,

My name is Lycia. I'm 38 and live in New Orleans. I have a small boat of my own a Pearson Ariel 26, however, I am a new skipper.

I have sailed, as a first mate, a 23' Glander from New Orleans all over the Mississippi Sound, Gulf Coast and to Guatemala and back. My skipper was a little over protective of me and so I don't have all the experience in the world but I have courage, smarts and the ability to learn quick. I have been through tropical waves and crazy Gulf coastal storms. I'm a great navigator and wonderful at ssb weather fax. I would love to be a fully competent captain one day and to do that I need a chance to learn from experienced sailors and a chance to test my skills. I have taken several ASA courses in the past and passed with 100%. Not that that matters.

I am fun and lively. I always see the positive in ever situation...which as any seafaring person knows important. I also own and manage 3 small businesses, with 13 employees and hope to start 3 more next year, so I am responsible and dedicated.

If you would like to know more or could share more about what you are looking for you can reach me at lyciaf@gmail.com

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Lycia
Old 15-11-2014, 14:40   #4

Im giving this thread a bump since we still are looking, the timeframe is in the next week or so no rush to the trip, nice and easy is the idea
Old 20-11-2014, 03:20   #5

Hello I am interested in employment. I have lived and sailed on tall ships and smaller sailboats for the last three years and have attended maritime academy. My last transit was a month ago where i sailed down the east coast. Please consider me for a crew member.
Old 24-11-2014, 14:17   #6

the older english gentlman, while still purchaser of the boat, has bowed out of the trip due to the medical advice of his doctor, we do have one able bodied young sailor on board, and are looking for a cocaptain first mate type who has the nav experience etc to make the bushwhacking to windward, so to speak, there will be a long leg to the south before making the northern stretch, the destination is Jolly Harbor Antigua, and you will be free to stay aboard a few days while looking for your next crew seat, or your ticket will be paid back, because of the cost of airfares preference is being given to people living near major airports with frequent service to montego bay and folks from the US, this is to be a leisurely sail not a race, with comfort and safety in mind.
Old 25-11-2014, 05:38   #7

Hello I am in currently in St Thomas having arrived on a delivery from Maryland recently. Im a recent college grad and lifelong sailor, with growing offshore experience and comfortable as co-captain, standing solo watch, navigating, mechanics, cooking, etc. Have all my own gear. Can provide numerous references from gigs in the last six months. Feel free to email or call if you are still looking for someone. -Vincent
vincent.mattiola@gmail.com

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 25-11-2014, 16:54   #8

Boat: Bingham custom cutter rigged 35 loa 28 lod
Send a message via Skype™ to Dean Samuels

Im available and experienced, strong and young. Over 10000 miles offshoer in 3 years.

Sent from my C5215 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 29-11-2014, 15:56   #9

Dean your mailbox is full
Old 01-12-2014, 07:52   #10

Dean when you get around to catching up, my email is capexco@hushmail.com
the budget for the trip is 2500
Old 06-12-2014, 12:46   #11
Marine Service Provider

I'm interested in talking with you about this trip . I'm a delivery captain in Florida and may have the time to make the trip. My contact info is in my profile . I've many references and photos of various trips I've made over the last 30 years . Contact me if interested, Scott.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum

Tags
Antigua, Jamaica