Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-05-2009, 10:18   #1

Need Crew: San Francisco to Seattle

Looking for one or two non-smoking crew with at least some experience to join me on my delivery to Puget Sound/Seattle. I am married, easy to get along with, non-smoker, non-drinker.

Boat size & type: 2004 Catalina 42 (SV Elysium)
Embark port: Half Moon Bay, California
Estimated departure (or join) date: Immediate, as soon as the weather window opens
Arrival port & ETA (or voyage details): Seattle or most any port in Puget sound. Arrival date depends on weather. I want to keep the boat moving forward as long as the weather is safe and comfortable.
Number of other crew aboard (Skipperplus): skipper (me) only right now. Looking for one or two more.
Crew qualifications required and duties: Sailing/boating/anchoring & night-time watch experience is desired.
Cost to join vessel and repatriation is paid by: Negotiable - based on your experience.
Estimated equal-share contribution to food/drinks: $0 - I will pay for food.
Note: No contribution towards any other costs is required from crew.
More info:
The captain I hired came down with the flu a week ago. (I didn't catch it) My other crew member ran out of time. I'm in Half Moon Bay and ready to leave once the weather turns fair (currently facing rough seas and strong northwesterlies). Looking for someone able bodied with some experience.

If you are interested, please reply with your qualifications and email address and/or phone number.

Thanks, Dan
Old 13-05-2009, 12:33   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Knutson K-35 Yawl "Oh Joy" - Mariner 31 Ketch "Kahagon" - K-40 "Seasmoke" - 30' Sloop "Baccus"
Nice boat BTW.
Old 16-05-2009, 15:56   #3

Boat: Cape George Cutter 40'
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalar View Post
Looking for one or two non-smoking crew with at least some experience to join me on my delivery to Puget Sound/Seattle. I am married, easy to get along with, non-smoker, non-drinker.

Boat size & type: 2004 Catalina 42 (SV Elysium)
Embark port: Half Moon Bay, California
Estimated departure (or join) date: Immediate, as soon as the weather window opens
Arrival port & ETA (or voyage details): Seattle or most any port in Puget sound. Arrival date depends on weather. I want to keep the boat moving forward as long as the weather is safe and comfortable.
Number of other crew aboard (Skipperplus): skipper (me) only right now. Looking for one or two more.
Crew qualifications required and duties: Sailing/boating/anchoring & night-time watch experience is desired.
Cost to join vessel and repatriation is paid by: Negotiable - based on your experience.
Estimated equal-share contribution to food/drinks: $0 - I will pay for food.
Note: No contribution towards any other costs is required from crew.
More info:
The captain I hired came down with the flu a week ago. (I didn't catch it) My other crew member ran out of time. I'm in Half Moon Bay and ready to leave once the weather turns fair (currently facing rough seas and strong northwesterlies). Looking for someone able bodied with some experience.

If you are interested, please reply with your qualifications and email address and/or phone number.

Thanks, Dan
Hi Dan
We are in the SF area currently and would be interested in crewing with you. We have sailed from Canada to Mexico, the Sea of Cortez and from Mexico to Tahiti.
Our boat is currently in the Seattle area getting ready for another Pacific Crossing in the spring, so we have plenty of experience and great references.
Give us a call if your interested. We don't smoke... or drink (hardly at at all

Best regards,
Susan and Elba
s/v Mist
www.svmist.com to check us out
sv_mist@yahoo.com
(209)295-4556
Old 16-05-2009, 17:42   #4

Boat: Sceptre 41
god luck hope you find a good weather window. Man when I was in my 20's I would have jumped at these oppurtunities.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Old 29-06-2009, 09:38   #5

Boat: C&C 34
Status

Hello Avalar:

What is your Status on this journey?

you might want to check out this thread:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ice-27724.html

We are getting ready to head up in the next couple of weeks taking the harbor hopping route. We are doing sea trials next week or so. Contact us if you want to compare notes and plans or possible want to try going up together.

-Allen
Old 30-06-2009, 18:11   #6

Boat: Irwin 37 center cockpit
Dan
I sent a message to your email account in reference to the crew position.
I am a paramedic planning to take the same trip, just the other direction going from San Juan's to Bodega Bay Ca. would love to get the experience as i have mostly sailed in the San Juan's and the strait. i single hand a 30' sloop. i have the time off so it would be perfect.
If interested please feel free to call or email
Anthony Maxie
La Conner WA
812-528-3121
anthonymaxie@hotmail.com

Tags
san francisco, seattle