Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-03-2015, 14:59   #1

New Zealand to Australia, one crew member seeking a passage in early May

Dear all,

I hope this message finds you well!

My name is Devi and I'm a poet, touring cyclist, and storyteller from Boston, USA, currently making my way around the world (mostly by bicycle) to collect stories from people I meet about water and climate change.

I'm blogging about the trip at www.onebikeoneyear.wordpress.com and was recently interviewed over at Radio New Zealand: Cycling Story Collector | Nights, 9:10 pm on 2 March 2015 | Radio New Zealand

At the moment I am cycling the south island of New Zealand. I just found out that I'm going to be a Writer in Residence at Montsalvat (just outside Melbourne) from May 19-July 6 this year.

I am looking for work on a boat in exchange for a passage from Auckland to Melbourne (or other locations in NZ/Australia -- I can be flexible). I can leave at any time in early May.

I can assure you that I am a hard worker. I am no stranger to long days of cycling, and I rowed for four years on the Harvard varsity lightweight rowing team. I love water, am a fast learner, and take instructions well.

I am committed to reducing my carbon footprint, though I am unable at this time to pay the full fee for the passage.

Let me know what might be possible. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

warmly,

Devi

Tags
Australia, crew, member, New Zealand, passage