Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-12-2012, 12:00   #1

Boat: None at the moment
Norfolk to Corpus Christi

Hey everyone,

I have a 35 Southern Cross and I'm moving my boat from Norfolk to Corpus Christi, Tx. I'll be leaving 9 Jan 13 from norfolk heading down the ICW to Beafort, Nc then offshore from there to the Keys then across the Gulf. I'm looking for crew that need offshore time.

I like to drink, but not while sailing. I smoke and don't mind if you do, just can't smoke down below. I would like to do some cost sharing as I am a broke kid just trying to get to Texas to be with my wife. I just got out of the Navy and have enough cash to get me and the boat there and that's about it.

Let me know if you would like to go!

Codi

codi.jones21atgmail.com
cell: 9a3b7c.8d2e5f.2g8h3i8j
Old 23-12-2012, 20:32   #2

Boat: Morgan 37
Send a message via ICQ to joestar
Re: Norfolk to Corpus Christi

2Realess

That sound like an interesting trip. I have an 35 Alberg at Port Aransas which is my present yacht. I live in San Antonio, Tx. I ask the boss and she said If I wanted to freez...go ahead.

Also, I have freinds in Charleston, and both sides of Florida and Galveston, if cover is needed.

Flordia has had alot of rain this year so you may wish to investigate crossing Florida on the Okeechobee waterway. It does save a fair amount of time.

I purchased a Moody 30 in Cape Canaveral, down the ICW to St. Lucie River, the Okeechobee waterway, and exited Flordia at Fort Myers (2009) I rebuilt the Moody and just moved it to Rockport for sale.

I am a retired CPA, into sailing, motorcycles, woodworking, and white water canoes. Please give me a call or e-mail.

Joe Vied
H 210 695 2841
C 210 833 9137
Old 24-12-2012, 13:53   #3

Codi,

Did you find a crew yet. I would like to know how long you estimate the trip, so I can request leave, I can help share some cost.

Thanks
Jason
Old 24-12-2012, 23:10   #4
Marine Service Provider

Send a message via Yahoo to cptn.km

interest
Old 03-02-2013, 13:00   #5

Hey 2Restless,

I'm in the Tampa area and want to gain experience in sailing. Would you be willing to take me under your wing and show me the ropes on this next voyage? I am extremely serious about this and can leave with you at the drop of a hat. I'm a young, healthy, adventurous, and creative individual. Take a look at my Couchsurfing profile, and you'll learn a bit more... Couchsurfing - Kyle Richardson

Unfortunately, I'm not experienced in sailing, but I've been wanting to learn this valuable skill. I'm a super quick learner and I'm very eager to learn from you as long as you're willing to share your knowledge.

I'm clean and courteous...definitely the type to keep things nice...very conscious of that kind of thing as I'm a tad OCD and very into mutual aide.

We could have a ton of fun, I really hope you have the time and energy to put into teaching me the ropes of the sailing world! I'm definitely a fun person to share the open sea with.
Old 03-02-2013, 14:31   #6

Boat: None at the moment
Hey Kyle,

I wouldn't have a problem with that. Shoot me an e-mail with your number and I'll call when I hit Tampa. Right now I'm in Ft. Myers beach, you're more than welcome to join down here if you want.

Codi.jones21 at gmail dot com

Codi
Old 12-02-2013, 10:31   #7

hi there,

what kind of experience do you require,please?

thanks
Old 13-02-2013, 22:03   #8
Marine Service Provider

Send a message via Yahoo to cptn.km

i am like you looking for job