Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-11-2010, 22:46   #1

NW Sailing & West Coast of US / Canada

Hi there, I'm looking for opportunities to crew in the Northwest inland waters surrounding Tacoma, Seattle, Everett, Anacortes and Victoria. Also, leaving or arriving on the West Coast of the United States or Canada.

32 year old female, non-smoker, light social drinker, no drug use.

I am looking to sail as much as I can. I’ve started crewing on a Hunter 45 CC, which I adore, and have realized I can’t get enough of being on the water. I’m new to sailing, though I’ve sailed 14’ Hobie Cats on and off since I was a kid. I have logged about 300 hours and 440nm of inland days in the Puget Sound and San Juan Islands on the Hunter 45 and on two MacGregor 26’s. I have yet to log any blue water. I will have taken ASA 101 by early December.

I can offer a variety of skills as crew:
- Trained as a naturopathic physician, licensed in Washington State
- Trained in 1st aid and CPR (renewed annually)
- Team leader for land-based Search and Rescue (volunteer)
- HAM radio license, technician class
- I have my own medical insurance
- Calm demeanor, difficult to stress under pressure
- I enjoy learning new things and improving upon my skills
- Good sense of humor, upbeat demeanor, able to make friends easily. I enjoy working in a team environment.
- I can handle (and won’t complain at) being cold, wet and physically uncomfortable.
- I am used to being alert for long hours and at odd times of the day/night.
- I like to cook! And people usually like eating what I make (or so they say…)
- Happily married, emotionally stable
- Physically agile and strong, and not afraid of heights or deep water (grew up ocean swimming and tree climbing).
- Can transport myself to or from anywhere in the world.
- Hobbies (besides sailing): hiking, cycling, cooking, writing, working out, traveling, skiing, botany/NW native medicinal plants, volunteering for search and rescue.

References available upon request. Thanks everyone!
Old 29-11-2010, 23:35   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle
Welcome to the forum Draggonfly. You have a terrific resume. I hope the weather is better down at your end of the Salish Sea then mine. It's blowing up to 50 knots here and if you look up you stand a chance of drowning. To think I'd hoped to get a sail in today! There are lots of members in the PNW and hopefully you'll get chances to crew, in better weather no less.

Old 30-11-2010, 08:47   #3

Hi Hummingway, thanks for the encouragement on the resume. Yes it's been stormy weather here too, though admittedly I haven't been out in 9 days. We were in 6-8 foot waves and 40 knots of wind last trip. Educational trip, got soaked, but it was still a good time across Admiralty Inlet. 50 knots up in your parts, ouch! Yes, perhaps not a great day for a relaxing sail

Tags
Canada