Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2014, 17:54   #1

Boat: Westsail 32
Open Ended Cruise out of Tampa

Looking for someone to join me for some cruising on my Westsail 32 from Tampa Bay area to the Bahamas and then...??? I can put someone up for a get-to-know-each-other period before making any commitments. Most be TOTALLY honest and dependable, reasonable, flexible, and able to work and play well together.
Old 05-03-2014, 19:44   #2

Re: Open ended cruise out of Tampa

Sounds like fun! I sailed from Puerto Rico to Trinidad many years ago, stopped a lot along the way, and had a ball. Lived in the Bahamas for about a year, too. Great place. Are you planning on doing any island hopping? Where in the Bahamas are you heading? How many are you aboard?
Old 06-03-2014, 06:36   #3

Re: Open ended cruise out of Tampa

Hello we are in st pete. . Would like to get to know you, check out the boat and se if we are Aaa fit. Contact us at mrmrssmith1962 at g mail

Shawn/Becca
Old 06-03-2014, 07:17   #4

Re: Open Ended Cruise out of Tampa

Everything is totally open, including where to go and what to do, not to mention "whenever" and "however" we want to. That's my idea of cruising, although extended stays are possible as well, as serendipity intervenes.

I would expect that most folks will have time and money constraints (I have the latter, but not the former) so crew will probably sign on and off at various places. However, whoever is on the boat with things working well would have the berth and the first choices as the voyage unfolds. At present, the manifest is 2: me (I'm a single male, 61, with morals) and my first officer BB (she's a single Yorkie-Poo, 4, with unlimited sweet and adorableness). A second mate would be unlikely, but like most things, not out of the question.

As to itinerary, my opinion is that we should stop all over the place, at least briefly, to be sure not to pass right by somewhere we would at least want to see/check out. Personally, I would like to work in as many places in the Bahamas as practical, heading south, then, either continue down the Antilles or jump off for Central America via Jamaica. Again, for the sake of your insight, I would vote for Kingston in that case, which is totally real and a place not to miss. MB is like all the other azure blue tourist traps that I prefer to see only briefly if at all. Of course, there is always plan B to consider, as well as C, D, E, F, G, etc. Again, this is my idea of cruising, and what I have been waiting all my life to finally do in ernest. I have mostly single-handed over the years, but I would prefer a shipmate on this adventure, for the obvious reasons. Thanks for your interest!

Christian
Old 08-03-2014, 09:57   #5

Hey SB: my sailing history is on 7knots site under sailor name rcole. I am interested to board now or where ever when the crew position opens up. U can call me @ 303 733 1043 anytime. thanks for your posting
rc
Old 22-06-2014, 19:11   #6

Have you left yet? If not can you tell me more about what type of work you will be looking for and doing when on your voyage?
Old 22-06-2014, 20:56   #7

Sorry all... I have been hung out to dry by the mother of all delays in rebuilding my diesel. The mechanic had a stroke right after it was taken apart! He is OK, but out of the shop indefinitely. His partner has been overwhelmed and has been putting it back together at a rate of one bolt per week! My guess is that a departure before early August would be optimistic. I still do not have anyone to crew (no wonder why)... so if you are interested and also willing to take the risk of dying of old age first, contact me at sbelle@frontier.com. Thanks for your understanding & patience! Christian
Old 23-06-2014, 11:46   #8

Ok keep us posted on when you think you may be ready, thanks!
Old 21-07-2014, 14:33   #9

Boat: O'Day 240

Keep my in mind! I sail weekly my O'day 240 in Lake Monroe (like a driving range). Need to go and play a real game! Available for up to 10 days. I will pay my transportation expenses and share other expenses. Best regards.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 25-07-2014, 08:27   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to sailor1961 Send a message via Skype™ to sailor1961

Hi i am bareboat charter certified and have other skills. Pay my own way. Flexible schedule , if interested contact me.

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 25-07-2014, 14:10   #11

Hey give us an update on your progress and plans if possible.
Old 26-07-2014, 11:52   #12

Would also be interest in an update. I'm international school teacher on sabbatical for a year and looking for Caribbean cruising opportunities. Am ASA bareboat certified and have done a lot of coastal sailing in So Cal and Baja California. Have a cheerful disposition, don't mind standing watches, can cook and provision (nothing gourmet tho) and thoroughly enjoy traveling, sailing and making friends wherever I go.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

Tags
cruise